Terms and Conditions for Memberships
- Online Membership Terms and Conditions: Online Terms and Conditions [PDF file 122KB]
- Site Membership Terms and Conditions: Terms and conditions [PDF file 101KB]
If you should choose to cancel your membership within the allotted 15 days, refund of the initial payment will be made by BACS to the account from which the payment was made. The refund will take no longer than 10 working days. To apply for a refund email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently asked questions
Terms and Conditions for joining online
- Adult (18 and over) and Corporate memberships can be purchased online. Join now
- Family, Junior and Adult (under 18) memberships can be purchased at our Sports centres and swimming pools.
If you are signing up as a corporate or Passport to Leisure member, you will be asked to evidence your corporate membership status / Passport to Leisure eligibility. Failure to produce evidence within 30 days will result in your membership rate changing to the standard rate.
Help with joining online
To join online you need:
- an email address so you can be sent your online booking details, payment and booking confirmations as well as important membership information;
- a valid UK bank account that accepts a direct debit arrangement if you wish to take out a direct debit membership. Memberships are valid for the account holder only;
- a credit or debit card may be required to make an up-front payment.
On completion of the online joining process you will be sent two emails; one will welcome you to Active Lifestyles and detail how to get started, the other will detail your payment information.
Help with booking activities and classes
There are 3 ways to book a class or activity:
- Online at sportonline.calderdale.gov.uk/Connect/;
- By phoning any Calderdale leisure facility during Reception opening hours;
- In person at any Calderdale leisure facility during opening hours.
Register to use online booking
You will need your member ID and password.
- Active Lifestyles member
Email your full name, email address you wish to use and post code to email@example.com and your details will be confirmed to you. This is necessary so that we can make sure your membership discounts are applied to your bookings correctly. Once you have received your details you do not need to do this again
- Non-member who wants to use the facilities on an occasional basis
Go to Join@Home and register your details as a casual user. Once you have finished registering your details the system will email you your details. Once you have received your login details you do not need to do this again.
If you are a Passport to Leisure card holder you will not receive this discount until you have first been into site with your member ID and Passport to Leisure card so that staff can record your Passport to Leisure details.
- Non-member thinking of joining or wanting to join
Go to the memberships page and you will be taken through all the most popular membership options. Whilst there you can become a member, complete all your paperwork online and start booking.
Once you have finished registering your details the system will email you your details. Once you have received your login details you do not need to do this again
New member: join online Active lifestyle member: contact us
Step-by-step guide to making a booking
- Bookings can only be made up to a maximum of 8 days in advance;
- Block bookings cannot be made;
- A very small number of classes and activities cannot be booked in advance, including specialist courses / lessons.
- 1.Go to sportonline.calderdale.gov.uk/Connect/ (making the site one of your favourites will help make future bookings easier and faster).
- Enter your Member ID and password.
- Go to 'Edit my details' to make sure that your details are correct and that we have your current details. In particular, please make sure your email address is correct.
- You can change your password to a more memorable one via the 'My Details' section. Characters can be alpha or numeric.
- Select the centre of your choice and select your required activity and the preferred time and date
- Confirm your booking. You will then receive your booking confirmation via email. If any due payment is not paid then the booking cannot be held.
By phone or in person
You can visit any Calderdale Leisure Facility to make a booking or to become a member. Our helpful and friendly staff will be able to take you through the process and answer any questions you might have.