Suspended bays and parking waivers

Permits can be issued to vehicles who need to park within controlled parking areas while they carry out work at specific addresses. This includes shop fitters, builders etc. Permits are also available for scaffolding and skips if they are occupying parking bays within a controlled parking area.

Please note that to erect scaffolding or to place a skip on a highway a permit is required. You must contact the highways department (01422 288002) to obtain a permit prior to requesting a suspended bay permit.

Charges apply Monday to Sunday.

How to apply

You will need to contact Parking Services to request a price, and an application form will be completed over the telephone and your payment will also be taken . Arrangements can be made to invoice you depending on circumstances and subject to agreement from Parking Services. For more information contact:

You should also contact Parking Services for permission to park on double or single yellow lines.

See also