Students who attend any of the following schools and need some financial support to help them stay in education or training after 16 need to apply directly to the Local Authority for an application form:
- Brighouse High School
- Calder High School
- Crossley Heath Grammar School
- Lightcliffe Academy
- Rastrick High School
- Ravenscliffe High School and Sports College
- Sowerby Bridge High School
- The Maltings College
- Todmorden High School
- Trinity Academy
For those students attending other schools within Calderdale then you will need to contact the student services department within your Sixth Form who will be able to provide more details.
To apply for the scheme, download and return the application form: 16-19 Bursary Application Form 2017/18 [PDF 491KB]
The full 16-19 Guidance is available to download: 16-19 bursary guidance 2017/18 [PDF 100KB]
Further information is available from GOV.UK: The 16 to 19 bursary fund .
16 - 19 Guaranteed Bursary (Category A within the Guidance)
There are guaranteed bursaries of up to £1,200 a year for the most vulnerable. Students in one of the following categories can apply for this scheme:
- Students who are looked after by the Local Authority
- Students who are Care Leavers
- Students who are 16-18 years old and receive Income Support for any reason
- Students in receipt of both Employment and Support Allowance and Disability Living Allowance.
16 - 19 Discretionary Bursary (Category B and C within the Guidance)
There is support through the Authority’s Discretionary Bursary, available for any student who faces genuine financial barriers to staying on in education and training to help with costs such as transport, food or equipment. Students meeting all of the following categories can apply for this scheme:
- Aged 16-18 at the start of their course
- Studying a state funded course at a Calderdale Sixth Form
- Students whose household income is below £20,000.
In addition, students facing extreme financial barriers may also apply and will be considered on their individual circumstances.