Shelf village is situated between Halifax and Bradford and Shelf Village Hall is on the main road and adjacent to Shelf Park.
The Hall was built in the 1970s as a community facility for the people of Shelf. The Main Hall is suitable for a variety of events including meetings, celebrations, wedding receptions, prize-giving ceremonies, concerts, shows, formal dinners, dances, exercise classes and training sessions.
The Bar Lounge offers the facility of a licensed bar, if required, and an area which can be divided off for a buffet. A Meeting Room, located at the rear of the building, is suitable for small meetings of up to 10 people, boardroom style.
If you would like to check the availability of dates, or make an appointment to view Shelf Village Hall, please contact:
To book the venue, complete and return the booking form:
Room Hire Charges
All hourly rates are Monday - Sunday.
- Bookings are in blocks of 30 minutes. There is a minimum hire charge of two hours, plus clearance
- Set up and clearance is charged at:
- set-up for up to 3 hours at a discount of 25% of the relevant hourly rate;
- clearance of 1 hour at a discount of 25% of the relevant hourly rate;
- any additional hours to be charged at the full rate.
- Additional hours not on the hire contract will be charged after the event at 1.5 times the original rate.
- VAT does not apply unless stated.
- Standard rate: Charity and non-commercial.
- Commercial rate: Regular hirers.
- For one off commercial bookings please call to discuss.
|Room||Standard rate (per hour)||Commercial Rate (per rate)|
|Main Hall and Lounge room||£39.50||£47.50|
|Lounge Room Only||£20.50||£22.00|
|Meeting Room Only||£15.00||£17.00|
The Lounge room can also be hired for children's parties at a cost of £65.00 for 3 hours.
Discounted rates apply to hirers who:
- book 6 or more events per year, regularly spaced throughout the year, e.g. weekly, monthly etc.
- book the same room(s) for more than one day consecutively.
A discount of 15% will apply to qualifying bookings in the Lounge room.
A discount of 30% will apply to qualifying bookings in the Main Hall.
|Tea making facilities||£6.50 per day|
|Full kitchen facilities||£55.00 per day|
|Tea / coffee / biscuits||£1.05 per head plus VAT|
|Flip chart stand and pad||£7.70 plus VAT|
|Performing Rights Society /
Phonographic Performances Ltd
|charge varies, plus VAT|
One member of staff is included in the hire fee. Extra members of staff are required for all events where a bar is provided and for events attended by around 100 or more people.
Price per hour is £15.00 including VAT.
AddressShelf Village Hall