Clay House is a Jacobean building that is a fine example of 17th century vernacular architecture. It sits within a beautiful rural park in the village of West Vale, less than three miles from Halifax. It contains a main hall, ante room and bar lounge. The hall is hired as a whole venue.
How to book
We are pleased to discuss your requirements and show you around Clay House. Then you can decide if it is the right place for you.
Open evenings are usually held on the second Wednesday of the month. Please contact:
- Username Tracy Ambler-Vinco, Public Halls Centre Manager
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone 01422 392601
Is Clay House suitable and available on the date of your event? If yes and you want to book it, please complete:
Please read: Terms for the Hire of Public Halls [PDF 99KB] .
Clay House is licensed for weddings. There is a minimum hire charge for the first two hours for ceremonies:
- Monday to Friday: £250;
- Saturday and Sunday: £350.
Extra hours for receptions are charged at the appropriate hourly rate.
Winter booking offer (1st October and 28th February)
You can hire Clay House for your perfect wedding day, at a special rate of £1,000. This includes:
- room and kitchen hire;
- preparation time on the evening before and morning of the ceremony;
- bar service with 10% discount on your choice of drinks package;
- and support of our experienced Centre Manager.
We can prepare and serve tea, coffee and biscuits, but we do not provide a catering service. This means that you can choose any caterer you like, or do your own catering in the fully fitted kitchen.
The hall is licensed between 11am and 1am (11pm on Sundays). A licensed bar service is free to all hirers, if required.
Room hire charges
All hourly rates are for Monday to Sunday.
- Bookings are in blocks of 30 minutes. There is a minimum hire charge of 2 hours, plus clearance.
- Set up and clearance is charged at:
- set-up up to 3 hours: discount of 25% of the relevant hourly rate;
- clearance of 1 hour: discount of 25% of the relevant hourly rate;
- any more hours will be charged at the full rate.
- Extra hours, not agreed on the hire contract, will be charged after the event at 1½ times the original rate.
- VAT does not apply unless stated.
|Type of hire||Hourly rate|
|Standard rate (charity and non-commercial)||£60|
|Commercial rate (regular hirers)||£66|
Special: half-price rate for bookings on Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5pm: £30 per hour.
For one-off commercial bookings, please call to discuss.
Discounted rates are available to hirers who:
- book 6 or more events per year, regularly spaced throughout the year, e.g. weekly, monthly etc.
- book the hall for two (or more) consecutive days.
Please note: A discount of 20% will apply to qualifying bookings.
One member of staff is included in the hire fee.
Extra members of staff are required for all events where a bar is provided. Also for events attended by around 100 or more people.
Price per hour is £15 (inc. VAT).
|Tea making facilities||£6.50 per day|
|Full kitchen facilities||£55 per day|
|Tea / coffee / biscuits||£1.05 per head (plus VAT)|
|Performing Rights Society / Phonographic Performances Ltd||Charge varies (plus VAT)|
- A portable ramp is provided to the front entrance or there is level access to the side;
- two small internal ramps enable access to all public areas;
- disabled toilet;
- an induction loop fitted in the main hall.