Clay House is a Jacobean building, and is a fine example of seventeenth century vernacular architecture. It is within a beautiful rural park in the village of West Vale, less than three miles from Halifax. It contains a main hall, ante room and bar lounge, and the hall is hired as a whole venue.
How to book
We would be pleased to discuss your requirements and show you around Clay House so you can decide if it is the right place for you. Open evenings are usually held on the second Wednesday of the month. Please contact:
- Username Tracy Ambler-Vinco, Public Halls Centre Manager
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone 01422 392601
Once you are satisfied that Clay House is suitable and available on the date of your event, please complete the application form:
Clay House is licensed for weddings. There is a minimum hire charge for the first two hours for ceremonies:
- Monday to Friday: £250.00;
- Saturday and Sunday: £350.00.
Additional hours for receptions are charged at the appropriate hourly rate.
Winter booking offer
Between 1st October and 28th February, Clay House is available for hire for your perfect wedding day at a special rate of £1,000. This includes room and kitchen hire, preparation time on the evening before and morning of the ceremony, bar service with 10% discount on your choice of drinks package, and support of our experienced Centre Manager.
We can prepare and serve tea, coffee and biscuits, but we do not provide a catering service - this means that you can choose any caterer you like, or do your own catering in the fully fitted kitchen.
The hall is licensed between 11.00 am and 1.00 am (11 pm Sundays), and a licensed bar service is provided free to all hirers if required.
Room hire charges
All hourly rates are for Monday to Sunday.
- Bookings are in blocks of 30 minutes. There is a minimum hire charge of 2 hours, plus clearance.
- Set up and clearance is charged at:
- set-up up to 3 hours: discount of 25% of the relevant hourly rate;
- clearance of 1 hour: discount of 25% of the relevant hourly rate;
- any additional hours will be charged at the full rate.
- Additional hours not agreed on the hire contract will be charged after the event at 1½ times the original rate.
- VAT does not apply unless stated.
|Type of hire and hourly rate|
|Standard rate (charity and non-commercial)||£60.00|
|Commercial rate (regular hirers)||£66.00|
Special half price rate for bookings Monday to Thursday, 9.00am to 5.00pm: £30.00 per hour
For one off commercial bookings please call to discuss.
Discounted rates are available to hirers who:
- book 6 or more events per year, regularly spaced throughout the year, e.g. weekly, monthly etc.
- book the hall for more than one day consecutively.
A discount of 20% will apply to qualifying bookings.
One member of staff is included in the hire fee. Extra members of staff are required for all events where a bar is provided and for events attended by around 100 or more people.
Price per hour is £15.00 including VAT.
|Tea making facilities||£6.50 per day|
|Full kitchen facilities||£55.00 per day|
|Tea / coffee / biscuits||£1.05 per head plus VAT|
|Performing Rights Society / Phonographic Performances Ltd||Charge varies, plus VAT|
- A portable ramp is provided to the front entrance or there is level access to the side;
- two small internal ramps enable access to all public areas;
- disabled toilet;
- the Main Hall is fitted with an Induction Loop.