The accommodation includes a fully adapted holiday cottage, a camp site and a bunk barn with an educational classroom facility, all set in 13 hectares of a designated Local Nature Reserve.
Working closely with the parents and carers of disabled children and young people, the barn was converted to ensure that the facility can be easily used by all visitors. The welcoming atmosphere, stunning scenery and accessible facilities ensure that it's a great place for a relaxing break.
Access to the barn is from the car park and the cottage is spacious and fully equipped.
Entry is to the open plan seating area, with the kitchen diner to the rear. The fully equipped kitchen has been tailored for wheelchair users, with work surfaces and cooking equipment lowered to help visitors enjoy their self-catered holiday.
Adjacent to the seating area there is a double bedroom, family toilet and bathroom and twin room with bunk beds.
A second double bedroom has a profiling bed and hoist with en suite fully adapted toilet and shower area.
The large terrace is the perfect place to sit and relax and admire the outstanding countryside, spectacular views and woodland wildlife.
The cottage has:
- a double bedroom
- a double bedroom with full size bunk beds
- a fully adapted bedroom with two beds and a hoist into the adapted bathroom.
- The hoist is designed to be used with a sling. If you do not have your own sling, it may be possible for us to help you hire one.
- a fully equipped kitchen with an electric hob and microwave
- two bathrooms, including an en-suite
- accessible toilet and bathroom facilities
- under floor heating
- a washing machine and drier
- a fully equipped living room with a television, DVD player and pay phone.
Spare bedding, tea towels, oven gloves and a toilet roll are provided, but you will need to bring your own soap, hand cleaners, washing up liquid, washing powder and additional toilet rolls.
A welcome pack can be arranged.
Note: mobile phone coverage may be intermittent. There is a pay phone available in the cottage; remember to bring some change.
- Parking space provided within approximately 20 metres of entrance
- Surface of car park is tarmac
- Route from the parking area is flat.
- There are no steps to the entrance
- The entrance is well lit
- The property is on one level
- There are no thresholds and all rooms are wheelchair accessible
- There is a good contrast between floor and walls in the bedrooms and living space.
- Sink taps have lever handles
- There are wheelchair accessible work surfaces and appliances.
- Bath with shower
- Bath with support handrails available
- Taps in bathroom with lever handles available.
En suite bathroom
- Specially adapted for wheelchair use.