Wellholme Park is situated close to the town centre of Brighouse. It is famous for its spectacular floral bedding displays. It also has a double web net in the play area that stands at over 6m high. Wellholme Park has something for just about everyone!
Things to do at Wellholme Park
- Bowling: Wellholme has two crown greens and one flat bowling green. The flat bowling green is run by a club for partially sighted bowlers and welcomes new members. Visit the pavilion next to the greens for more information.
- Tennis: Wellhome has four courts which can be hired. To book, email: email@example.com or phone: 01422 288068.
- Crazy Golf: 'Pay and play' managed by the Woodvale Bowling Club at the pavilion near the bowling greens
- Play area
- Skate Park
- Outdoor Gym
- Brighouse Swimming Pool and Fitness Centre
- Learning with the Countryside team, who run a series of workshops in Wellholme Park and other locations in Calderdale
- Park Run
- Username Safer Cleaner Greener
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Safer Cleaner Greener Services
Spring Hall Mansion
Wellholme Park is located on the A641 Bradford Road, to the north east of Brighouse town centre. It is on several bus routes, for details, visit: West Yorkshire Metro .
It is about 5 minutes walk from Brighouse town centre bus station. From the train station, it is about a 10 minute walk. It is 5 minutes by car from the M62 motorway.
Daily opening times
12noon to 5pm throughout Winter months and 12noon to 8pm throughout Summer months.
Tennis and Crazy Golf times may vary. Check with Brighouse pool for more information on their opening times.
More about the park
Careful planning of the 14 Hectares at Wellholme Park allows leisure and wildlife to sit side-by-side in harmony. Areas of grassland have been left to develop into a more natural environment. Positive woodland management is carried out to encourage and sustain wildlife, which helps to increase diversity. This benefits birds, like Tree Creepers and Herons and plants, like Bluebells and Wild Garlic.
Why not take a stroll around the park, sit and relax in the surroundings or enjoy a picnic? You could also explore the natural woodlands or follow the Clifton beck path that runs through the heart of Wellholme. The cafe offers a place to relax in and chat with family and friends over a drink and snack.
Queen Elizabeth II Field's in Trust - protected playing fields
Wellholme Park was awarded the QEII - Fields In Trust Challenge status in 2012. The Queen Elizabeth II Fields Challenge aimed to protect 2012 playing fields by the end of 2012. This was done as a celebration of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee. Calderdale Council have signed up to the Challenge, preserving Wellholme Park for future generations to enjoy.
Thornhill Beck Picnic Area
Wellholme Park, with help from the 3 B's community group, was awarded £10,000 from the SUEZ Communities Trust UK . This was to improve the picnic area near Thornhill Beck Lane. The work includes a new sign, fencing, bins, car park surfacing and picnic benches. Everyone is able to access the picnic space to enjoy it.
Brighouse junior park run takes place every week on Sundays at 9am. Come along and join in!
For more details see: Junior parkrun .
Please note: Dog control orders are now in force in Calderdale's parks.