Wellholme Park is situated close to the town centre of Brighouse. Famous for its spectacular floral bedding displays, and its double web net in the play area which stands at over 6m high. Wellholme Park has something for just about everyone!
Things to do at Wellholme Park
- Bowling: Wellholme has two crown greens and one flat bowling green. The flat bowling green is run by a club for partially sighted bowlers and welcomes new members. Visit the pavilion next to the greens for more information.
- Tennis: Wellhome has four courts which can be booked through firstname.lastname@example.org , or phone: 01422 288068.
- Crazy Golf: 'Pay and play' managed by the Woodvale Bowling Club at the pavilion near the bowling greens
- Play area
- Skate Park
- Outdoor Gym
- Brighouse Swimming Pool and Fitness Centre
- Learning opportunities with the Countryside team, who run a series of workshops in Wellholme Park and other locations in Calderdale
- Park Run
- Username Safer Cleaner Greener
- Email email@example.com
Safer Cleaner Greener Services
Spring Hall Mansion
Wellholme Park is located on the A641 Bradford Road, to the north east of Brighouse town centre. It is on several bus routes, for details, visit: West Yorkshire Metro .
It is approximately 5 minutes walk from Brighouse town centre bus station. From the train station, it is about a 10 minute walk. It is 5 minutes by car from the M62 motorway.
Daily opening times
12noon to 5pm throughout Winter months and 12noon to 8pm throughout Summer months.
Tennis and Crazy Golf times may vary. Check with Brighouse pool for more information on their opening times.
More about the park
Careful planning of the 14 Hectares at Wellholme Park allows recreation and conservation to sit comfortably side-by-side. Areas of grassland have been left to develop into a more natural environment and positive woodland management is carried out to encourage and sustain wildlife. This helps to increase diversity, benefiting birds, such as Tree Creepers and Herons and plants, such as bluebells and wild garlic.
Why not take a stroll around the park, sit and relax in the surroundings, enjoy a picnic, or explore the natural woodlands and follow the path of Clifton beck that runs through the heart of Wellholme? The cafe offers a place to relax in and chat with family and friends over a drink and snack.
Queen Elizabeth II Field's in Trust - protected playing fields
Wellholme Park was awarded the QEII - Fields In Trust Challenge status in 2012. The Queen Elizabeth II Fields Challenge aims to protect 2012 playing fields by the end of 2012 as a celebration of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee. Calderdale Council have signed up to the Challenge, preserving Wellholme Park for future generations to enjoy.
Thornhill Beck Picnic Area
Wellholme Park, with help from the 3 B's community group, was awarded £10,000 from SITA UK to improve the picnic area near Thornhill Beck Lane. This has re-established an accessible, formal picnic space for anyone to enjoy. A new sign, fencing, bins, car park surfacing and picnic benches including facilities which are accessible for wheelchair users have been installed.
Note: Dog control orders are now in force in Calderdale's parks.