Manor Heath Park and Jungle Experience is a must see: Green Flag Award and Yorkshire in Bloom Gold Award winning park. Open all year round Manor Heath Park offers a great day out, with fantastic facilities and attractions including:
- Santa will be visiting the Flutter bites café at Manor Heath Park on the 10th and 17th December from 10.30am onwards. Come along to meet him and have a mince pie.
- The Jungle Experience
- Walled Demonstration Garden
- Flutter Bites Cafe
- Well-equipped children's play area for all abilities
- Outdoor gym
- Water Play Area (from April to October)
- Nineteen acre park containing a woodland walk and wild flower area, planted with over thirty species of wild flowers and bulbs
- Plenty of spots for the perfect picnic.
- The sunken garden, which is planted twice a year with magnificent bedding plant displays
- Learning opportunities with the Countryside Team running a series of workshops in Manor Heath Park and at other locations in Calderdale
Dogs are allowed in the park but they must be on a lead in the fenced play area.
- Username Manor Heath Park and Jungle Experience
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone 01422 365631
Manor Heath Park and Jungle Experience
Manor Heath Road
Please note: Father Christmas will be visiting Flutter Bites on 12th and 19th December from 10.30am.
Enjoy the parks wildlife as you sit in our covered outdoor patio area and take advantage of a variety of speciality coffees and home cooked food. Flutter Bites is an ideal place to rest whilst out walking your dog or take a break while your children play in the park.
The Cafe employs staff with learning disabilities, offering the opportunity to work and train in a busy workplace. The cafe also offers a training environment for students from local schools to gain experience of working in the community, enabling people to build confidence in their working ability. Some of the employees previously trained through Cafe HX1 and successfully completed awards such as NVQ level 1 in Hospitality and Level 2 Food Safety in Catering.
Winter opening times
For December, January and February:
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9.30am to 1pm.
Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 9.30am to 3pm.
NOTE: The Cafe will close from the 21st December 2016 until 4th January 2017.
Summer opening times
From 30th March:
Monday to Sunday 9.30am to 5pm.
Manor Heath Park and Jungle Experience is a great place for children to explore, learn and have fun!
About the grounds
The park occupies the site of a Victorian Mansion, which was built in 1852 with magnificent views over the valley. It was the home of the famous Halifax carpet manufacturer John Crossley, of John Crossley and sons. Their factory at Dean Clough Mills was half a mile long! The house was demolished in 1958 after falling into disrepair, the area where the manor house once stood now the beautiful sunken garden.
Royalty visited Manor Heath on two occasions: in 1863 by Prince Edward, The Prince of Wales and in 1912 by King George V.