Manor Heath Park and Jungle Experience is a must see! It has the Green Flag Award and is a Yorkshire in Bloom Gold Award winning park. Open all year round, Manor Heath Park offers a great day out with fantastic facilities and attractions, including:
- the Jungle Experience ;
- Walled Demonstration Garden ;
- Flutter Bites café ;
- well-equipped children's play area for all abilities;
- outdoor gym;
- water play area (April to October);
- a 19 acre park. This has a woodland walk and wild flower area with over 30 species of wild flowers and bulbs;
- plenty of spots for that perfect picnic;
- the sunken garden. This is planted twice a year with bedding plant displays;
- and the chance to learn with the Countryside team. They run workshops in Manor Heath Park and other places in the Borough.
Please note: Dogs are allowed in the park, but must be on a lead in the fenced play area.
- Username Manor Heath Park and Jungle Experience
- Email email@example.com
- Telephone 01422 365631
Manor Heath Park and Jungle Experience
Manor Heath Road
Enjoy the parks wildlife, as you sit in our covered outdoor patio area. Indulge in a range of special coffees and home-cooked food. It is a great place for a break, while walking the dog or with your kids in the park.
The café employs staff with learning disabilities. It gives them the chance to work and train in a busy workplace.
The café offers students from local schools the chance to train and get experience of work in the community. This helps to build confidence in their working ability. Some employees that have trained at Café HX1, were successful in getting awards, such as:
- NVQ level 1 in Hospitality;
- and Level 2 Food Safety in Catering.
Winter opening times
- For Jan, Feb and Mar:
- Mon to Wed - 9.30am to 1pm.
- Thurs to Sun - 9.30am to 3pm.
Please note: The Café will close on the 21st Dec until the 2nd Jan 2017
Summer opening times
- From 30th March:
- Mon to Sun - 9.30am to 5pm.
- Username Flutter Bites Cafe
- Telephone 01422 362112
Manor Heath Park and Jungle Experience is a great place for children to explore, learn and have fun!
About the grounds
The park occupies the site of a Victorian Mansion. It mansion was built in 1852 with splendid views over the valley. It was the home of the famous Halifax carpet maker, John Crossley of John Crossley and sons. Their factory at Dean Clough Mills was half a mile long! The house was knocked down in 1958, after falling into ruin. The area where the manor house once stood is now the beautiful sunken garden.
Royalty has been to Manor Heath on two occasions:
- in 1863, a visit by Prince Edward, The Prince of Wales;
- and in 1912, a visit by King George V.