Calderdale boasts a unique landscape and rich heritage which is reflected in the regions' Parks and Open Spaces.
Open and green spaces have so much to offer from enjoying wildlife and relaxing in beautiful surroundings, to taking part in games and sports.
There is such a variety of things to do and see in Calderdale's many parks:
- Boating on the lake at Shibden
- Skateboarding at Calder Holmes
- Exploring the ‘Jungle Experience’ at Manor Heath
- Visit the birds and snakes at Centre Vale
- Enjoy the beauty of the flowers at Wellholme Park
- Discover the heritage at Peoples Park
Details of the various sports venues available in Calderdale parks, such as: bowling greens, football and rugby pitches, play areas and tennis courts, see Calderdale Data Works .
Remember parks are for all, so get out there and enjoy them.
Most of the parks and open spaces in Calderdale can be reached by bus or train.
For more information about these services please contact West Yorkshire Metro on 0113 245 7676.
Parks and Open Spaces in Calderdale are managed and maintained by Calderdale's Safer Cleaner Greener Teams. Our teams are working within your Neighbourhood areas, delivering street cleansing, grounds maintenance, countryside services, play ground maintenance, tree management, park and nature reserve management services.
Let us know what you think of the parks and open spaces that you use.
- Username Safer Cleaner Greener
- Email email@example.com
Safer Cleaner Greener Services
Spring Hall Mansion
Park management and maintenance plans
- Bailiff Bridge Memorial Park Management Plan 2015 - 2020 [PDF 576KB]
- Clay House Park Management Plan 2016 - 2021 [PDF 1432KB]
- Manor Heath Management Plan 2016 - 2021 [PDF 1325KB]
- Peoples Park Management Plan 2016 - 2021 [PDF 1070KB]
- Shibden Estate Management Plan-2015 - 2020 [PDF 821KB]
- Wellholme Park Management Plan 2016 - 2021 [PDF 995KB]