There are a range of meeting rooms available in Calderdale Libraries at Brighouse, Hebden Bridge, King Cross, Todmorden and the Central Library. The rooms can be used for any type of meeting from interviews to committee meetings. The layout of the rooms can be arranged to suit your requirements, with equipment available to help events run smoothly.
Contact for bookings
|Room||During library opening hours||Outside library opening hours|
|Central Library room 1||£17.00 per hour||£10.50 per hour||£20.00 per hour||£34.00 per hour||£21.00 per hour||£40.00 per hour|
|Central Library room 2||£17.00 per hour||£10.50 per hour||£20.00 per hour||£34.00 per hour||£21.00 per hour||£40.00 per hour|
|Central Library room 3||£15.00 per hour||£9.50 per hour||£18.00 per hour||£30.00 per hour||£19.00 per hour||£36.00 per hour|
|Central Library room 1 and 2||£34.00 per hour||£21.00 per hour||£40.00 per hour||£68.00 per hour||£42.00 per hour||£80.00 per hour|
|Brighouse meeting room||£15.00 per hour||£9.50 per hour||£18.00 per hour||Not applicable||Not applicable||Not applicable|
|Todmorden meeting room||£15.00 per hour||£9.50 per hour||£18.00 per hour||Not applicable||Not applicable||Not applicable|
|King Cross meeting room||£15.00 per hour||£9.50 per hour||£18.00 per hour||£30.00 per hour||£19.00 per hour||£36.00 per hour|
|King Cross redoubt||£17.00 per hour||£10.50 per hour||£20.00 per hour||£34.00 per hour||£21.00 per hour||£40.00 per hour|
|King Cross quiet room||£7.50 per hour||£4.75 per hour||£9.00 per hour||£15.00 per hour||£9.50 per hour||£18.00 per hour|
A 10% discount is permitted on Standard and Commercial Bookings only and will be allowed provided the following criteria are met:
- Regular bookings of no less than 6 (six) in a 12 month period only will attract discount.
- The bookings must be made as a multiple booking.
Meeting room facility charges
(prices are per session and do not include VAT)
|Portable overhead projector and screen||£6.00|
|Multi-media projector and screen||£25.00|
|Flip chart stand and pad||£6.00|
|Portable public address system||£6.00|
About the meeting rooms - general
- All prices are per hour with a minimum booking period of 2 hours. All part hours will be charged to the nearest half hour.
- Setting up and clearing up time for hirers and their guests to disperse must be pre-booked and paid for. Additional time outside these agreed times will be invoiced.
- Use of kitchen and/or crockery and other ancillary facilities, when and where available, are charged as listed.
- Calderdale Libraries do not hold a licence to serve alcohol.
- Water jugs are available for meeting use.
About the meeting rooms - Central Library
- Meeting rooms 1 and 2: 34½ ft. X 25 ft. each, holding 70 people lecture style or 32 people committee style. These rooms can be used combined to measure 69 ft. X 25 ft. and hold 140 people lecture style or 64 committee style. They have automatic speech enhancement through surveillance microphones, as well as an induction loop system providing full accessibility for the hard of hearing.
- Meeting room 3: 29 ft. X 13 ft. and holds 30 people lecture style or 18 people committee style.
- Rooms 1 and 3 also have flat screen TVs (with a wide range of connectors, including USB).