English National Concessionary Pass

Example pass for a person with a disability

Holders of the English National Concessionary Pass (ENCP) are entitled to the same discounts as Passport to Leisure cardholders. This applies to many of the venues listed in Where can I use my Passport to Leisure card .

The ENCP can be used at all Calderdale Council run facilities. Please check to see if it is accepted at non-Council facilities.

Who is eligible for an ENCP?

In 2008, the Government introduced the ENCP. This gives, to those that are eligible, free off-peak bus travel in England:

  • eligible disabled;
  • blind;
  • older people born before 5th April 1950 automatically qualify. If born after 5th April 1950, the age you become eligible is tied to women's State Pension age. This affects both men and women.

Where can I get an ENCP?

The ENCP is issued by companies that administer local concessionary travel schemes. In West Yorkshire this is WY Metro. Passes can be applied for at any West Yorkshire Post Office or Bus Station Travel Centre.

For more information, visit: West Yorkshire Metro if you live in West Yorkshire. If you live outside West Yorkshire, contact your local provider.

Example pass for an old aged pensioner

Local contact details

Transport for Greater Manchester


See also