School based vacancies online
Applying for school based vacancies in Calderdale has never been easier. You can now view school based vacancies on this site in addition to all Council based vacancies.
Please note: Applications for school vacancies need to be sent to the school that you are applying for. Please check each advertisement for details.
There are over 34,000 pupils currently attending Calderdale’s schools. And our vision statement, which was created by young people themselves, of "Everyone different, everyone matters" – applies to every one of them. We want all children and young people in Calderdale to achieve – and become – the best they possibly can.
There are currently 87 Primary and 16 Secondary Schools, which include one Secondary Special School and two Primary Special Schools. These are overseen by Children and Young People’s Services Directorate.
Our ambition is for all children and young people in Calderdale to be raised in a caring and safe environment; to be healthy; to be both listened to and heard; to get the knowledge and skills they need for life and to have the support of any service they may need.
Did you know that there are three post-graduate teacher training providers in Calderdale? They run teacher training for primary and secondary schools.
Take a look at the benefits:
- local open days;
- opportunities for taster experiences;
- placements in local Calderdale schools;
- fully accredited QTS and PGCE programmes;
- training held in Calderdale;
- primary and secondary phase programmes, each with special school opportunities.
Why train and teach in Calderdale?
- Great schools full of friendly staff, enthusiastic children and supportive families;
- low cost housing;
- high quality and affordable childcare;
- excellent transport links;
- vibrant towns, beautiful countryside and diverse communities;
- an area rich in history, with a wide range of cultural events and great sporting/leisure opportunities.
Select an image below to find out what each of our local Teaching School Alliances has to offer: