Employees of the Council enjoy a comprehensive reward and benefits package, which includes generous terms and conditions of employment and access to a wide range of retail discounts and lifestyle savings to name a few.
Part of our rewards package, includes:
- Generous holiday entitlement of between 26 and 30 days dependent on grade (additional holidays may also be applicable in certain positions). An additional five holidays per year when you have worked for us continuously for five years;
- Flexible working (including flexi-time, part-time, job share, term-time);
- Maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave;
- Auto-enrolment into an excellent pension scheme;
- Opportunity to purchase childcare vouchers via your salary and gain tax relief, making great savings for your pocket;
- Discounted membership of Calderdale Council Leisure Centres which allows both employees and their partners to use all the facilities of all 6 Centres and pools;
- Discounted Metro Travel Card for bus and rail travel A tax free bike scheme offering up to 40% off the cost of a bike and cycling equipment and designed to promote healthy travel to work and reduce environmental pollution;
- Regular management supervision and access to a wide range of learning and development opportunities.
While At Work
Calderdale practices Smarter Working. Smarter Working is designed to enable us to think and work much more flexibly, creatively and innovatively to improve services for local people, make savings and reduce our impact on the environment whilst also helping us to maximise our performance, maintain a good work life balance and realise our potential.