Countryside Formal Volunteer
We currently run three formal practical volunteering work parties a week, which take place on a Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. Volunteers undergo an induction on their first day and expenses are covered for our formal volunteering opportunities.
Countryside Community Day Volunteer
If you just want to turn up and have a go at some practical work, once a month we run various informal volunteering opportunities across the Calderdale countryside. Our sites include:
- Colden Clough
- Dixon Scar (Sowerby Bridge)
- Centre Vale Park (Todmorden)
- Nutclough (Hebden Bridge)
- Norland Moor
- Cromwell Bottom (Brighouse)
- Ogden Water
- Cunnery Wood and Beacon Hill (part of Shibden Park)
- Beechwood Park (Illingworth)
- Scar /Long Wood (Halifax).
Ogden Water Visitor Centre Volunteer
Ogden Water Visitor Centre is open 7 days a week and is run by volunteers.
You can find out more about what it’s like to volunteer with Countryside Services by visiting our Volunteering Case Studies page.