The vision of Calderdale Supporting People (SP) is:
"To provide high quality housing support services, to give people in Calderdale the opportunity to live independently".
Supporting People is funding of housing related support services for vulnerable people aged 16 or above. It will pay for a range of services that meet the needs of people who want to live independently.
You may qualify for help if you:
- are homeless or have been homeless and still need support
- are at risk of domestic violence
- have mental health problems
- have a learning disability
- are an older person and need support
- have alcohol and / or drug problems
- are a young person in need of support
- are an offender or ex-offender.
All services operate within the fair access and diversity guidelines and we promote equal opportunity and access to all.
What are Housing Support services?
Housing Support services range from hostels to sheltered housing and independent tenancies. They can also include tenancies in shared accommodation and purpose built schemes.
You can receive support at home with someone visiting, or move into a supported housing scheme with on-site support - available 24 hours a day. The support can last for as long as you need it - anything from a few weeks to the rest of your life - depending on your needs.