Calderdale Youth Offending Team (YOT) is a multi-agency partnership. It aims to prevent offending by working with young people, parents, victims of crime, communities and engaging volunteers.
It is a one-stop shop for all young offenders. The team has trained professionals with specific disciplines that work together in one office, which include:
- social workers;
- probation officers;
- police officers;
- education and health workers;
- housing workers;
- and drug misuse professionals.
We are required to produce an annual Youth Justice Plan. This describes the nature and scale of offending by young people in their area. It also explains the programmes available to tackle it.
A number of agencies contribute to the overall budget of the YOT.
For more about the YOT, please contact:
The Youth Offending Team Health Service
Locala provides the healthcare service for the YOT. It works with those aged 8 to 18 who are at risk, or involved in the Criminal Justice System. They work closely with the YOT and other partners.
It is a flexible and responsive service that follows local safeguarding procedures. Activity includes:
- assisting young people to get help in ways that are appropriate to their needs;
- finding the health needs of young people and doing initial and full individual health assessments in line with national requirements;
- confidential drop-in services, appointments and specific group and individual health work with YOT children, young people and their families;
- support and advice for:
- mental health and wellbeing;
- drug and alcohol use;
- stopping smoking;
- sexual health;
- and strategies to improve young people's weight and physical fitness.