Lighten Up….and discover a healthier, happier you
We can support you for free, for one year, to make lifestyle changes, reach your goal weight and stay healthy for life.
To kick start your healthier weight journey start by attending our weekly sessions. The sessions are run by our friendly, professional Better Living Trainers, who will support you to achieve your goals by considering what healthy changes you wish to make and how you can fit these changes into your life.
- You will be assigned your own Better Living Trainer
- Weekly group sessions, where you meet like-minded people.
- Support for up to a year, with weigh ins and one-to-ones available.
- Sessions available throughout Calderdale.
- Passes for free and reduced price access to the local leisure services are available.
- 12 weeks Slimming World vouchers are also available.
Can I attend?
To discover if you can attend check your BMI below.
Our free weight management sessions are available to:
- Adults with a BMI of 30 or more
- Adults with a BMI of 28+ with one or more of the following:
Mild Anxiety or Depression
Obstructive Sleep Apnoea
- Adults with a BMI of 27.5 and you are Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Other Asian Chinese, Black African or African Caribbean
Get started today!
To take your free place on our weight management course, follow the following steps:
- Check your BMI,
- Sign up to the course,
- Have a chat about your needs with one of our experts,
- Attend your first free session!
For more information, please contact the Better Living Team on 01422 230230 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Extra ways to help you lead a better lifestyle
If you do not feel ready for our course, or do not meet our criteria, but you want to make a positive change in:
- the way you eat;
- becoming more active;
- stopping smoking; or
- reducing alcohol intake;
we recommend the following websites and apps: