Do you know where your business or commercial waste ends up?
If you have any type of business, you need documentation to show:
- how much waste you create;
- where your waste ends up; and
- how often your waste is collected?
All businesses must have individual business or commercial waste contracts, or documentation showing their waste and recycling management. There are many providers around Calderdale who can pick up your waste. They can be found online or in the yellow pages .
For more information, visit: Gov.uk: Dispose of business or commercial waste .
In Calderdale, businesses can only dispose of trade waste at:
- Halifax Transfer Station, Lee Bank, Ovenden Road, Halifax. HX3 5PN.
Please be aware that:
- there is a minimum charge of £65 (fees are reviewed annually);
- no construction waste is allowed (brick, rubble etc.);
- you must hold a current Waste Carrier License .
- you must supply 2 copies of a Waste Transfer Note, stating:
- what the waste consists of; and
- where the waste is from; and
- where the waste is going.
Opening times are 8am to 4pm (Monday to Friday) and 8am to 12noon on Saturdays.
Note: Waste disposal may be accommodated, outside of these times, by prior arrangement.
General non-recyclable and green waste is accepted. Note: Special waste is NOT accepted.
For more information, visit: SUEZ Businesses .
You might also be interested in...
- Collection day finder
- A to Z of waste and recycling
- Find your nearest Household Waste Recycling Centre
- Request a bulky item collection
- Trade and business waste