HWRCs can be used by residents of Calderdale to deposit items that do not fit in the domestic wheelie bin or bin liners.
Separate skips are provided for cardboard, plastic bottles, timber, electrical items, green waste etc. By sorting your waste before you visit and placing materials in the correct skip you are helping to ensure the maximum amount is recovered.
The service is free to use. Please ensure that you have sufficient time to deposit your waste and exit the site before the site closure time.
We have a shop at Brighouse HWRC for the resale of good quality unwanted items. These can be donated at all household waste recycling centres:
Items we can re-use:
- Furniture, home ware, clothing, bric-a-brac, sports equipment, tools and garden equipment
- Stuffed furniture, such as sofas, mattresses, armchairs and cushions. These must have fire labels attached, dated from 1988 or later, whether indoor or outdoor furniture.
- Children’s toys that display the CE mark on the toy, or its packaging. Showing that the manufacturer has declared that their product complies with European health, safety and environmental legislation.
Items we cannot re-use:
- Due to issues with PAT testing and legal responsibilities surrounding this no electrical items can be sold. These items should be deposited in the electricals' skip provided. Small electrical items such as hairdryers, toasters and kettles can be placed in your black box and collected on the kerbside collection scheme.
- Safety equipment such as bike helmets, children’s car seats, life jackets cannot be sold from Revive.
All items will be checked to ascertain whether they are fit for purpose.
Note: Pedestrians are not allowed on site to gain access to the re-use shop. You must park in the designated car park for the shop.
The shop operates the same opening times as the HWRC.
Please Note: Gates to these sites can be closed up to 10 minutes before the site closing time. This is to ensure waste is deposited and vehicles have exited by the closing time.
|Monday||8am to 5pm||8am to 4pm|
|Tuesday||8am to 5pm||8am to 4pm|
|Wednesday||8am to 5pm||8am to 4pm|
|Thursday||8am to 5pm||8am to 4pm|
|Friday||8am to 5pm||8am to 4pm|
|Saturday||8am to 4pm||8am to 4pm|
|Sunday||9am to 4pm||10am to 4pm|
*Summer refers to the period when clocks change to British Summer Time (BST).
**Winter refers to the period when clocks revert to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).
All HWRCs will be open on Bank Holidays (except Christmas and New Year), operating Sunday opening hours.
AddressAtlas Mill Household Waste Recycling Site
Atlas Mill Road
What to take
|Bricks and rubble
We accept bricks and rubble in small quantities: 6 standard sized builders bags only (20kg maximum capacity).
It is environmentally beneficial to separate gypsum from waste, therefore small quantities of plasterboard can be put in the dedicated skip.
|Textiles and shoes|