Before your collections, please consider: What goes in my bins, bags and boxes?
- Recycling (every week):
- Please put recycling bags, food caddy and box at the edge of your property, where it meets the highway. This should be done by 7am on your collection day.
- Please return all your containers, to your storage point, as soon as possible after they have been emptied.
- Non-recyclable waste:
- Once you have recycled all you can, the rest goes in your wheelie bin. The lid must be fully closed with no extra waste at the side. Please place your wheelie bin at the edge of your property, where it meets the highway. This should be done by 7am on your collection day.
- If your property is not suitable for a wheelie bin, we take up to 4 standard issued bin bags from your storage point, each collection.
If you are struggling with your waste, you may be eligible for an assisted collection . You may also be able to apply for an additional wheelie bin:
Flats and apartments
Where flats and apartments are above 3 storeys high, the Council will normally offer a communal recycling service. This service sees wheelie bins kept in communal bin stores.
From August 2016, where possible, we have provided a mixed collection of:
- paper, thin card, cartons (known as tetrapak); and
- cans and plastics; and
- glass (bottles and jars only) and corrugated cardboard.
This depends on vehicle access and storage space being available.
Note: We are unable to offer a food waste collection from flats at this time.
If you live in a flat or apartment and you:
- are not sure where your recycling is stored; or
- would like more recycling bins;
in the first instance, see your caretaker or management company. You can also contact:
- Username Customer First
- Email email@example.com