Before you pay for us to collect any items from your property, you may be able to dispose of yourself:
- Revive Shop, Brighouse Household Waste Recycling Centre ;
- Household waste recycling sites;
- Donate your items to Charitable organisations that accept items for recycling [PDF 114KB] .
If you still need to request a bulky item collection, please complete the online application:
For charges and timescales, please see: Information about your bulky waste collection .
Note: Before you fill in and submit an online request, make sure you have identified all the items you want to dispose of.
Once you have submitted the request form you will not be able to add another item later.
What can be collected and how much does it cost?
We can collect large household items from your property for a charge, for example;
Fridges and freezers £25 per item.
Bulky household items excluding fridges and freezers £15 per collection.
A list of the items we can and cannot collect is below;
Bulky household items - £15 per collection
We will collect:
- beds / bed frames
- black bags (only containing household rubbish)
- cardboard and packaging
- carpet, rugs, underlay
- children's toys
- electrical goods (e.g. computers, dvd players, TV's, microwaves, cookers, washing machines, electric fans, lawnmowers, sun beds, tumble dryers, etc.)
- household furniture (e.g. tables, wardrobes, TV stands, cabinets, etc.)
- prams and pushchairs
- sofas, chairs, armchairs.
We will not collect:
- fixtures and fittings including radiators, fitted cupboards and wardrobes
- building rubble
- garden waste, please use our garden waste collection service for this.
Fridges and freezers - £25 per item
We will collect one :
We will not collect:
- any of the above with food still inside.
Where should I put my items?
All items must be:
- outside your property, including outside any other building, such as shed or outhouse;
- in an accessible, unlocked location; and
- ready for collection before you place your request and make the payment.
How long will it take?
I cannot get the items outside. What do I do now?
If you cannot get the items outside, a special bulky item collection from indoors can be arranged.
Note: There is an additional charge for this service.
To make arrangements for a special bulky waste collection from indoors or to enquire about any matter regarding disposing of refuse contact: