Help with taking waste / recycling to a collection point
Can you manage to take your waste, or recycling, to the edge of your property on collection day? If not, we may be able to help.
You can apply for a permanent or temporary 'assisted collection' using our online form. Please ensure you have read the criteria before applying:
Temporary assisted collections
Help can be given to households, where there is a need.
This could be after a stay in hospital and no other person is available to do this job for you.
This help is limited to 3 months, but you can reapply to extend this service, if needed.
Permanent help with taking wheelie bins / recycling containers to the required collection point can be given to households where:
- there is no able-bodied person (15 years old or over) living at the property;
- and all residents meet one or more of the following:
- 75 years old or over;
- hold a Blue Badge giving them parking concessions;
- get Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance;
- get Higher Rate of Care Component of Disability Living Allowance;
- registered blind or partially sighted.
Note: If you meet this criteria, a Council Officer may visit you to check documents that support your application.
If you need any help to fill in the form, or want to know more, phone: 01422 288002. We will help you or arrange for a Council Officer to visit you.
If you do not have a wheelie bin and replacement sacks were not left for you
Please let us know, see: