Help with taking waste / recycling to a collection point
Can you manage to take your waste, or recycling, to the edge of your property on collection day? If not, we may be able to help.
Temporary assisted collections
Temporary help may be given to households where there is a need. This could be following a stay in hospital and no other person available to do this job for you. A temporary assisted collection is limited to 3 months. A further application can be made to extend this service, if needed.
Permanent help with taking wheelie bins / recycling containers to the required collection point can be given to households where:
- there is no able-bodied person (15 years old or over) living at the property; and
- all residents meet one or more of the following conditions:
- 75 years old or over; or
- holders of a Blue Badge entitling them to parking concessions; or
- in receipt of the Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance; or
- in receipt of Higher Rate of Care Component of Disability Living Allowance; or
- registered blind or partially sighted.
Note: If you meet the criteria, a Council Officer may arrange to visit you. This would be to verify the documents that you have to support your application.
If you have any difficulty filling in the form, or need more information, phone: 01422 288002. We will help you, or arrange for a Council Officer to visit you.