On 27th February 2013, Cabinet decided to create the Todmorden Town Centre Development Board (Todmorden TCDB). This was to ensure there are clear and transparent governance arrangements in place, to drive forward further regeneration activity in Todmorden.
The aim is to provide renewed vigour and direction through a single body. This has democratic legitimacy and can take a strategic view of the town centre and its immediate surroundings.
The Board works closely with public, private and voluntary organisations to build upon the work already done by these bodies.
Two years of investment!
The Board is celebrating two years of investment in Todmorden, see: Celebrating two years of investment [PDF 297KB] . Projects have included:
- restoration work to the Town Hall;
- improvements to Centre Vale Park;
- and support for Todmorden Market.
The Board has put together a list of answers to questions being asked, regarding derelict sites in Todmorden, see: Derelict sites FAQs [PDF 28KB] .
The Board is made up from members of Todmorden Town Council and Calderdale Council. It is supported by Officers from Calderdale Council.
Current membership is:
- Councillor Susan Press
- Councillor Andrew Hollis (Vice Chair)
- Councillor Christine Potter
- Councillor Barry Collins
- Councillor Dave Young
- Simon Brearley
- Pam Warhurst
- Cynthia Murray
All meetings are held at Todmorden Town Hall, Committee Room A, with the next meeting on Tuesday 10th October 2017, 5 - 7pm.
For this meeting's agenda, download: Todmorden Development Board - agenda 10 October 2017 [PDF 22KB]
- Tuesday 28th November 2017, 5 - 7pm.
- Tuesday 9th January 2018, 5 - 7pm (proposed).
- Tuesday 13th February 2018, 5 - 7pm (proposed).
- Tuesday 3rd April 2018, 5 - 7pm (proposed).
- Todmorden Development Board - proposed meeting dates for 2018 [PDF 35KB]
- Todmorden Development Board - terms of reference [PDF 28KB]
- Todmorden Town Centre - draft Cabinet report 27 February 2013 [PDF 28KB]