On 27th February 2013, Cabinet decided to create the Todmorden Town Centre Development Board (Todmorden TCDB). This ensures there are clear and transparent governance arrangements in place, to drive forward further regeneration activity in Todmorden.
The aim is to provide renewed vigour and direction through a single body. This has democratic legitimacy and can take a strategic view of the town centre and its immediate surroundings.
The Board works closely with public, private and voluntary organisations to build upon the work already done by these bodies.
Two years of investment!
The Board is celebrating two years of investment in Todmorden, see: Celebrating two years of investment [PDF 297KB] . Projects have included:
- restoration work to the Town Hall;
- improvements to Centre Vale Park;
- and support for Todmorden Market.
The Board has put together a list of answers to questions being asked, regarding derelict sites in Todmorden, see: Derelict sites FAQs [PDF 28KB] .
The Board is made up from members of Todmorden Town Council and Calderdale Council. It is supported by Officers from Calderdale Council.
Current membership is:
- Councillor Susan Press
- Councillor Steve Sweeney (Chair)
- Councillor Andrew Hollis (Vice Chair)
- Councillor Christine Potter
- Councillor Barry Collins
- Councillor Dave Young
- Councillor Joan D Taylor
- Simon Brearley
- Pam Warhurst
- Cynthia Murray
All meetings are held at Todmorden Town Hall, Committee Room A, with the next meeting on Tuesday 15th May 2018, 6 - 8pm.
- The agenda for this meeting is: Draft Todmorden Development Board Agenda 15/05/18 [PDF 62KB]
The last meeting was held on Tuesday 3rd April 2018.
- The minutes for this meeting are: Draft Todmorden Development Board Minutes - 3rd April [PDF 362KB]
- Tuesday 15th May 2018, 6 - 8pm.
- Tuesday 26th June 2018, 5 - 7pm.
- Tuesday 7th August 2018, 5 - 7pm.
- Tuesday 18th September 2018, 5 - 7pm.
- Tuesday 30th October 2018, 5 - 7pm.
- Tuesday 11th December, 5 - 7pm.
- Tuesday 22nd January 2019, 5 - 7pm.
- Todmorden Development Board - proposed meeting dates for 2018 [PDF 35KB]
- Todmorden Development Board - terms of reference [PDF 28KB]
- Todmorden Town Centre - draft Cabinet report 27th February 2013 [PDF 28KB]