On 16th November 2015, Cabinet decided to create a Town Centre Development Board (TCDB) for Sowerby Bridge. This was part of the emerging strategy for “Prosperous Towns, Local Communities". At the heart of this model is representation from Councillors, local businesses and community groups.
Key topics for the Development Board include: looking at recent transport studies for Sowerby Bridge, promoting Sowerby Bridge and making sure that community assets and spaces are strong.
- Councillor Dot Foster
- Councillor Michael Payne
- Councillor Adam Wilkinson
- Bob Galtry
- Chris Hasling
- Isolde Davey
- Lauren Brundell
- Phil Hawdon
- Sam Irvine
- Sarah Fanthorpe
- Stephen Priestley
- Karen Lythe
The Development Board meets every two months. Meetings are open for members of the public to attend. These are the next scheduled dates and venues:
- Tuesday 18th September: TBC
- Tuesday 20th November: Community Room, King Cross Fire Station.
For minutes, agendas and meeting papers on the Sowerby Bridge Development Board, see: Board meetings, minutes and reports .
- Finance report - May 2018 [PDF 182KB]
- Finance report - March 2018 [PDF 182KB]
- Finance report - September 2017 [PDF 59KB]
- Sowerby Bridge Development Board Terms of Reference [PDF 67KB]
- Sowerby Bridge Development Board Boundary [PDF 67KB]
- Sowerby Bridge Development Board Funding Application [PDF 11KB]