On 16th November 2015, Cabinet decided to create a Town Centre Development Board (TCDB) for Sowerby Bridge. This was part of the emerging strategy for “Prosperous Towns, Local Communities". At the heart of this model is representation from Councillors, local businesses and community groups.
Key topics for the Development Board include: looking at recent transport studies for Sowerby Bridge, promoting Sowerby Bridge and making sure that community assets and spaces are strong.
- Councillor Barry Collins
- Councillor Dot Foster
- Councillor Michael Payne
- Councillor Adam Wilkinson
- Andrea Karabel
- Angela Keenan
- Bob Galtry
- Chris Hasling
- Isolde Davey
- Lauren Brundell
- Phil Hawdon
- Sam Irvine
- Sarah Fanthorpe
The Development Board meets every two months. Meetings are open for members of the public to attend. These are the next scheduled dates and venues:
- 23 May 2017: Crow Wood Park community room;
- 25 July 2017: King Cross Fire station community room;
- 26 September 2017: Crow Wood Park community room;
- 28 November 2017: King Cross Fire station community room;
- 23 January 2018: Foundry street youth centre.
For minutes, agendas and meeting papers on the Sowerby Bridge Development Board, see: Board meetings, minutes and reports .