Town Centre Development Boards (TCDBs) are in place to take forward regeneration work within local communities. They have now been set up for: Halifax , Brighouse , Elland , Sowerby Bridge , Todmorden and Hebden Bridge and Mytholmroyd .
The aim is to continue regeneration of Calderdale’s town centres, particularly the mechanism for involving local communities and ward Councillors in that work.
Each Board works closely with public, private and voluntary organisations in the local area. This builds on valuable work already done, taking a strategic view of the needs and opportunities of the local area.
Membership is drawn from:
- Elland Ward;
- Greetland and Stainland Ward;
- Calderdale Council;
- representatives of the business community, local community / regeneration groups, Pennine Housing and co-opted members;
and the Board is supported by officers form Calderdale Council.
The current membership is:
- Councillor John Ford (Chair);
- Councillor Barry Collins ;
- Councillor Susan Press ;
- Councillor Angie Gallagher ;
- Councillor Patricia Allen ;
- Councillor Chris Pearson ;
- David Wilkinson (Deputy Chair);
- Joe Braithwaite – Elland District Partnership;
- Brain Mansfield – Elland District Partnership;
- Janette Pearce – Together Housing;
- David Hardy – Co-opted;
- Helen Moles – Community rep;
- Raj Beadle – Community rep;
- Jayne Spencer – Community rep;
- James / Luke Smith – Community rep;
- Gary Scott – Community rep.
Dates of future meetings
All meetings are held at the Southgate Methodist Church, Langdale Street, Elland.
- Tuesday 14th November 2017, 6 - 8pm.
- Agenda 12 September 2017 [PDF 42KB].
- Elland Development Board - Terms of Reference [PDF 199KB]
- For minutes from previous meetings, see: Elland Town Centre Development Board meetings, minutes and reports .