Town Centre Development Boards (TCDBs) are in place to take forward regeneration work within local communities. They have now been set up for: Halifax , Brighouse , Elland , Sowerby Bridge , Todmorden and Hebden Bridge and Mytholmroyd .
The aim is to continue regeneration of Calderdale’s town centres, particularly the mechanism for involving local communities and ward Councillors in that work.
Each Board works closely with public, private and voluntary organisations in the local area. This builds on valuable work already done, taking a strategic view of the needs and opportunities of the local area.
Membership is drawn from:
- Elland Ward;
- Greetland and Stainland Ward;
- Calderdale Council;
- and representatives of the business community, local community / regeneration groups, Together Housing and co-opted members.
The current membership is:
- Councillor John Ford (Chair);
- Councillor Barry Collins ;
- Councillor Susan Press ;
- Councillor Angie Gallagher ;
- Councillor Patricia Allen ;
- David Wilkinson (Deputy Chair);
- Brain Mansfield – Elland District Partnership;
- Janette Pearce – Together Housing;
- David Hardy – Co-opted;
- Karen Bancroft – Community rep;
- Raj Beadle – Community rep;
- Jayne Spencer – Community rep;
- James / Luke Smith – Community rep;
- Gary Scott – Community rep.
Dates of future meetings
All meetings are held at the Southgate Methodist Church, Langdale Street, Elland. The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 10th July 2018, 6 - 8pm.
Further meeting dates:
- Tuesday 11th September 2018, 6 - 8pm.
- Tuesday 13th November 2018, 6 - 8pm.
- Elland Development Board - Terms of Reference [PDF 199KB]
- A Vision for the future (draft) [PDF 206KB]
- For previous meeting minutes and current agendas, please see: Elland Town Centre Development Board meetings, minutes and reports .