Any site that has been previously submitted for development, or is being considered for:
- inclusion into the Local Plan ;
- assessment as part of the Strategic housing land availability assessment (SHLAA) ;
- updates to the Employment land review (ELR) .
The Council still accepts potential housing and employment sites for assessment in the future review of the SHLAA and ELR. Any sites received up to the end of the Local Plan consultation (29th Sept 2017) will still be assessed and considered for allocation. If allocated, they will be in the Publication Draft of the Local Plan.
To submit a site, see: Local plan consultations .
You can also complete and return the: Site submission form [PDF 183KB] .
Note: The form should be accompanied by an OS based map showing the boundary of the site. Include any other supporting information concerning the site.
Sites proposed as Local Green Space
Local Green Space is a designation introduced by the National planning policy framework .
A number of applications have been submitted for consideration within the Local Plan, which are being assessed. The NPPF, paragraph 76, states that Local Green Space should only be designated:
- where the green space is in reasonably close proximity to the community it serves;
- where the green area is demonstrably special to a local community and holds a particular local significance. (E.g. because of its beauty, historic significance, recreational value - including as a playing field, - tranquillity or richness of its wildlife; and
- where the green area concerned is local in character and is not an extensive tract of land.
No further applications can be accepted for consideration by the draft Local Plan. However, suggestions for Local Green Space can still be submitted until the end of the public consultation. These will still be assessed and considered for designation, in the publication version of the Local Plan. This is scheduled for consultation during in October – December 2017.
To submit a site, use: Local Green Space site submissions
If your proposed Local Green Space site is within a Neighbourhood Plan area, promote its designation by contacting the relevant Parish Council or Neighbourhood Forum.
For more information, see: Neighbourhood development plans .
Site submission search
To look for a site listed in the schedule of submitted sites, use: Site submissions search