The reports and technical papers on this page form part of the evidence base to the Council’s Local Plan.
The transport implication of developments proposed in the Local Plan are supported by several assessments:
Local plan assessment
This assessment is being carried out by WSP, who are creating a Calderdale Local Plan evidence base.
The initial technical notes are:
- Technical note 1: future network baseline [PDF 2635KB] (June 2016): a baseline of the existing situation, including the known interventions.
- Technical note 2: implications of settlement growth [PDF 1756KB] (July 2016): an initial assessment of the implications of the growth proposed by the Local plan.
- Technical note 3: preferred spatial strategy [PDF 301KB] (April 2017): an assessment of the Implications of the spatial strategy.
- Technical note 4: assessment of cumulative impact [PDF 3344KB] (May 2017): cumulative Impact.
- Technical note 5: Hipperholme sensitivity test [PDF 1104KB] (March 2017): Hipperholme Sensitivity.
- Technical note 6: Site Apportionment [PDF 2002KB] (July 2017).
- Technical note 7: Air Quality Constraints Assessment [PDF 3088KB] (August 2016).
- Technical note 8: Strategic Vision for South East Calderdale [PDF 3739KB] (October 2016): traffic statement.
- Technical Note 9 - Review of Previous Local Plan Evidence Base [PDF 282KB] (May 2018).
- Technical Note 10: Assessment of Cumulative Impact [PDF 8129KB] (July 2018).
- Calderdale Strategic Model Update – Local Model Validation Report (June 2015) [PDF 6481KB]
- Calderdale Strategic Model Update – Local Model Validation Report (October 2016) [PDF 1560KB]
- Appendix A : Speed Flow Curves [PDF 1528KB]
- Appendix B : Data Collection [PDF 841KB]
- Appendix C : Link Performance [PDF 4044KB]
- Appendix D : Screen-line Performance [PDF 377KB]
- Appendix E : Journey Time Validation [PDF 14317KB]
- Appendix F : Matrix integrity [PDF 5718KB]
- Appendix G : Routing Checks [PDF 14675KB]
- Appendix H : Zone Plots [PDF 1697KB]
This list will be added to when more detailed assessment of the implications and combinations of sites on the highways network is done.
They identify potential interventions on the highway network that will be needed to support the growth.
A Summary of the WSP Technical Reports [PDF 474KB] has been complied to facilitate understanding of the issues surrounding highways.
Other technical documents
- Car and Bicycle Parking Standards - Technical Paper / Justification (July 2018) [PDF 103KB]
- Calderdale Transport Strategy
Core strategy assessment
This Study was undertaken by consultants Steer Davies Gleave as part of the background work for the Core Strategy. It was completed in January 2010.
It considers the impact of development options on Calderdale's strategic highway network. Much of this will be replaced by the Local plan assessment: Transport study [PDF 5734KB] .