Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
The Council commissioned consultants GVA to undertake work on establishing a draft charging schedule for CIL. This was alongside work undertaken on the Core Strategy.
It had been intended to publish a preliminary draft Charging schedule (PDCS) alongside the publication of the Core strategy (autumn 2014). This changed when it was decided to make the Local plan a single combined document.
For more information on the progress of the CIL, see: Community infrastructure levy (CIL) .
Leeds city region Green infrastructure strategy
At sub-regional scale, the Leeds city region published a Green infrastructure strategy (Sept 2010). This ensures future growth is underpinned and supported by high quality green infrastructure. For example, the strategy will sit alongside the other core city region initiatives, such as:
- Housing and regeneration;
- Employment and skills;
- Economic drivers and innovation; and
to drive sustainable economic growth.
- Green infrastructure strategy: foreword and contents [PDF 310KB]
- Green infrastructure strategy: introduction [PDF 829KB]
- Green infrastructure strategy: green infrastructure in the Leeds city region [PDF 775KB]
- Green infrastructure strategy: objectives and initiatives [PDF 7175KB]
- Green infrastructure strategy: delivering the strategy [PDF 468KB]
- Green infrastructure strategy: references [PDF 193KB]
Infrastructure Delivery Plan (IDP)
The IDP (2012), looks at a wide range of infrastructure including: roads, schools, open spaces and utilities, read: Infrastructure delivery plan [PDF 3928KB] .
The plan considers:
- existing infrastructure provision within Calderdale;
- future plans of infrastructure providers; and
- implications of future growth contained within the Local plan.
The IDP will continue to be updated as the Core Strategy progresses and new information upon infrastructure becomes available.