Youth Works is located in the Orange Box, Halifax in Halifax town centre. It is a safe space for young people aged 13-25 to come along, 'chill out', listen to music, access the internet or have a brew.
The drop-in is always staffed by youth workers who can offer advice, information, support or guidance on the whole range of issues that affect young people.
The drop in is open weekdays from 3.30 pm to 5.45 pm.
Where to find us
We are based in Halifax town centre, between the Westgate entrance to the Piece Hall and Calderdale Customer First offices.
Youth Works guarantee
- To treat you as an individual.
- Your priorities will always come first.
- To offer you choices and not make decisions for you.
- You choose what's best for you.
- To advocate for you and support your choices.
- We will attend appointments with you if that's what you need.
- To always have approachable staff on the streets at times when you can meet them.
- You can see a member of staff almost immediately.
- To always give you a say in how the service develops.
- Your ideas are important to us, tell us how we can improve.
More about Youth Works
Youth Works is a specialist detached youth work project, managed by our Young People's Service. It is a key partner in the wide range of services offered from Calderdale's state of the art youth provision.
The main aim of the project is to act as a bridge between young people and existing / planned support services by making contact with young people in the places where they meet naturally, and through professional relationships which help them to deal with their own issues or get access to appropriate services including treatment.
Youth Works supports young people who experience difficulties through a range of issues, including substance and alcohol abuse, antisocial or criminal behaviour, homelessness, lack of education, training or employment opportunities, and family or personal problems.
One to one support is also available to young people to help them deal with any issues they may have. Youth workers will sit down with an individual, work out where they want to get to - and help them get there.