We want young people in Calderdale to have the right information, guidance and support. This will help them make the best post-16 choice.
C&K Careers should be every young person’s first point of call, when looking at post-16 options. C&K Career's staff visit each school in Calderdale, weekly.
For about this, visit: C&K Careers , or phone: 01484 225500.
What is available in Calderdale?
- Brighouse High School
- The Brooksbank School Sports College
- The Crossley Heath School
- Lightcliffe Academy
- The North Halifax Grammar School
- Rastrick High School
- Ravenscliffe High School
- Ryburn Valley High School
- Trinity Academy
Calderdale College is the largest provider of further education (post 16) courses and work-based learning (apprenticeships). It is also the sole provider of higher education awards in Calderdale.
The Maltings College is a specialist 6th Form vocational college delivering recognised work-based qualifications in a warm, caring environment. The student focused, industry rich, teaching team offers success through enterprise to learners. This prepares them for higher study and the world of work.
For the Calderdale area, visit: C&K Careers: Training and Apprenticeships .
For England, visit: Apprenticeships who fund and co-ordinate the delivery of apprenticeships.
- UCAS Progress allows young people between 13 and 17 years old to search for courses across England and Wales;
- The National Careers Service has careers advice and information on jobs, training course resources and funding.
Advice for employers
For more on this, see: Employing 16-18 year olds .
Financial help for post-16 education and free meals
A young person can get free school meals if they are:
- aged 16-18;
- still at school;
- and getting Income Support or income based Jobseeker's Allowance (or your parents / carers are on certain benefits).
For more on this, see: Free school meals .
Some students who go to college can get free meals. This depends on their or their parents/carers circumstances. You must be aged between 16 and 18 and cannot be on an apprenticeship course.
For more on this, contact student support at your college, or see: Financial assistance for post-16 education.
Get Organised 2019
Drop in between 3.30pm - 7.30pm on 11th October 2018, at the Shay Stadium.
Are you in year 11? If so, you do not want to miss Get Organised 2019! You will be able to speak with:
- school six forms;
- further education providers;
- work based training providers;
- and employers from across the region about your options after your GCSEs.
This annual event gives information on education and training options for students after Year 11. There are talks on universities, apprenticeships, local market information and the student view on choosing school or college at post-16.
There is also a 'Get Organised Booklet' from C & K Careers, which is issued to every Calderdale student in year 11. For more about this, see: Quick Guide - After Year 11.