Home to school transport

It is your responsibility to ensure your child attends school. Although, there are circumstances where we have a duty to assist you.girl on a bus

These circumstances are outlined in the relevant Home to school transport policy , published in the admission booklet.

If you are eligible and your child is due to transfer to secondary school in September, you will receive an application form from your child's primary school. You should receive the form a week after the Easter holidays.

To apply for transport assistance, download the application form:

If you would like this information in another format (eg Braille, large print, audio tape or computer file), or another language, phone: 01422 392749.

Transport assistance lasts for an academic year. To apply to renew transport assistance, download the renewal form:

Fully completed application forms should be returned by post to:

  • Username Access and School Planning Team
  • Email info@calderdale.gov.uk
  • Telephone 01422 392749
  • Address
    Adult and Children's services
    Westgate House
    HX1 1PS
If you have a child who has special educational needs or a disability, see: Home to school transport for pupils with Special Educational Needs .

Replacement bus passes

Lost bus passes

If your child has lost their MyBus or Free School bus pass then a replacement pass can be obtained from West Yorkshire Combined Authority (WYCA). There is a charge for this service. You can obtain a replacement pass over the phone by contacting WYCA on 0113 348 1122 and pay using your credit or debit card.

Defaced bus passes

If your child's MyBus or Free School bus pass is defaced, for example it has been through the washing machine, then it is your responsibility to obtain a replacement pass from WYCA. There is a charge for this service. Please note that bus drivers are within their rights to confiscate your child's pass if it is not clear or looks tampered with. If this applies to your child's pass, contact WYCA for a replacement by phone: 0113 348 1122. You can pay using your credit or debit card.