Heath Campus is a new joint venture between the Heath trustees (Calderdale Council Councillors) and five new tenants.
This offers education and learning to children, young people and adults.
The Council, trustees and tenants have invested £3.5 million into the outstanding facilities. Each tenant holds a lease and they share running costs.
- Savile Park at Heath;
- Calderdale Adult Learning;
- Calderdale Music Trust;
- Discover Library Service;
- Schools Resources Service.
Savile Park Primary School is an outstanding primary school (Ofsted 2013), which offers first class education for the local community.
It is housed on two sites:
- Moorfield Street, which takes 4 to 11 year olds;
- and at Heath, which takes Reception and Year 1.
Savile Park at Heath has been sensitively designed to combine a state of the art environment for 21st century education. It still keeps the character of the former Heath Grammar school, a grade 2 listed building. The venue has:
- seven large classrooms;
- a hall, a studio, meeting rooms and outdoor classrooms;
- and a training room that educational organisations can hire.
This is a super environment that fulfils the school aim of "nurturing a love for learning, life and one another".
The CAL service offers a range of part-time learning opportunities for all adults aged 19+.
The centre at Heath offers high quality accommodation and teaching to enable learners to develop and learn new skills. Whether for personal interest and wellbeing, to improve literacy and numeracy, or to gain skills for employment and career progression.
- a purpose-built Cookery Room, IT Suite, Art/Craft and Holistic Therapies classrooms;
- several general purpose teaching rooms for other subjects from Counselling to Languages;
- lift access, learner coffee bar and some on-site parking.
The Calderdale Music Trust is the lead organisation for the Calderdale Music Education Hub.
It offers range of musical activities, which include:
- one to one and small group instrumental tuition;
- whole class instrumental tuition in schools (First Access);
- and a range of ensembles for young people and adults.
The facilities at Heath include teaching rooms, ensemble rehearsal rooms and a workshop for maintenance of instruments.
Discover is your first point of contact for:
- The Children’s Public Library Service - This manages and delivers resources and activities for young people in all Calderdale Libraries. They welcome enquiries from schools and nurseries about visiting their local library. They also coordinate the Calderdale’s Bookstart programme.
- The Schools Library and Resource Service - This is a subscription service lending schools a range of high quality books. This supports the curriculum, fiction for reading for pleasure and a wide range of artefacts to use in the classroom. They also offer professional advice and guidance on how to manage your school library. The collections are delivered to and collected from schools termly.
This offers a range of resources for schools. It mainly supports children with severe learning difficulties, which includes visual and hearing impairments.