Late applications will be considered after all applications received before the closing date. However, in 'exceptional circumstances' defined below, it may be possible for an application received after the closing date to be considered as on time. 'Exceptional circumstances' are:
- where a single parent living alone with their child has been ill for some time. The application must be supported by a doctor's note and evidence of being a single parent;
- where a house move over a distance of three miles for secondary schools and two miles for primary schools (as determined by a straight line measurement) within or into Calderdale has been completed between:
- 31 October 2017 and 31 December 2017 for secondary schools, and
- 15 January 2018 and 15 February 2018 for primary schools.
The application must be supported by appropriate evidence (for example a solicitor's letter confirming the completion of a house purchase or copy of a rental agreement for a property located within Calderdale, both of which must be relevant to residency);
- where a service family (or crown servants returning from overseas) has moved into the area after the closing date, the application will be treated as 'on time' wherever this is practicable to do so.
A house move of less than three miles for secondary schools and two miles for primary schools will not be considered as exceptional circumstances (as determined by a straight line measurement).
Exceptional circumstances can only be taken into consideration where an application has been received together with any supplementary forms and supporting evidence by 31 December 2017 for secondary schools and 15 February 2018 for primary schools.
A late preference for a non-Calderdale school can only be considered before offer day if the appropriate admission authority and relevant local authority determine that there is sufficient time to consider that preference.
- Secondary applications received between 1 March 2018 and 15 March 2018 will be processed along with any reallocation requests, with notification of an offer being made by 31 March 2018. Applications received after 15 March 2018 will be dealt with in order of date received;
- Primary applications received between 16 April 2018 and 1 May 2018 will be processed along with any reallocation requests, with notification of an offer being made by 15 May 2018. Applications received after 1 May 2018 will be dealt with in order of date received.