The Planned Admission Number (PAN) for Reception to start September 2018, is a maximum of 60.
If you wish to apply under Christian commitment criteria you should obtain a copy of the school's Supplementary information form (SIF) from the school and return the SIF to the school by the date the school states on the form.
The school will admit children with Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Education Health and Care plans (EHCP), where St Andrew's CE (VA) Infant School is named on their EHCP.
Where the number of applications for St Andrew's CE (VA) Infant School received during the normal admissions round exceeds the PAN of the school, the Governing Body will apply the following criteria, in strict order of priority:
- Children who are Looked After (a child who is looked after by the Local Authority in accordance with Section 22 of the Children Act 1989). Or children who were looked after but are not any more. This is because they were adopted or became subject to a child arrangement or special guardianship order.
- A child who has a brother or sister (including a half, step or adoptive brother or sister) on roll at this school or St Andrew's CE (VA) Junior school at the time of application and admission.
- A child whose parents / guardians regularly worship at the Parish of St Martin's, Brighouse. Or other Christian church recognised by Churches Together in England and Wales, whose church is within the Parish.
- A child whose parents / guardians reside outside the Parish of St Martin's, Brighouse but this is the nearest Voluntary Aided school. Also, they are regular worshippers at another Christian church recognised by Churches Together in England and Wales.
- A regular, but not frequent, worshipper at points 3 or 4 above, ie:
- a person who usually attends a monthly family or church service; or
- a person who is regularly involved in weekday church activity, including an element of worship,
for a period of two years prior to the closing date for applications.
- A child of parents residing within the Parish of St Martin's, Brighouse.
- Other children.
For further information on over-subscription criteria, see: Church of England, Voluntary Aided schools .