The Planned Admission Number for the Reception year to start in September 2018, is 15.
Where the number of applications for the school during the normal round of admissions exceeds the admission number the following oversubscription criteria will be applied:
- Pupils who are in public care (children looked after) or pupils who were previously looked after but ceased to be. This is because they were adopted or were subject to a child arrangement or special guardianship order.
- Pupils living within the defined priority (catchment) area who have a brother or sister (including step / half-brothers and sisters) permanently resident in the same household. They must currently be attending the school (excluding pupils in their final year).
- Other pupils living within the defined priority (catchment) area.
- Those pupils who do not qualify under categories 1-3 who have a brother or sister (including step / half-brothers and sisters) permanently resident in the same household and currently attending the school (excluding pupils in their final year).
- Other children (distance)
If there is over-subscription within any category pupils will be admitted in order of proximity of the pupil’s permanent home to the school. Distance will be calculated using a straight line measurement from the pupil’s permanent home to the closest designated school gate.
Distance will be calculated using the Council’s Geographical Information System (GIS). To be consistent, all measurements will be carried out using this system. No other method of measuring distance will be considered.
A copy of the catchment map is available from the school.
Please note: Calder Primary School incorporates the former Cragg Vale J and I School.