Primary school applications have now closed

If your child was born between 1 September 2012 and 31 August 2013, they will be due to start Primary School in September 2016. Applications are now closed and you will be notified of your allocation:

18 April 2017.

If you've missed the deadline, find out more about making a Late application

Apply for a school place

Calderdale Council co-ordinates admissions to all schools within Calderdale. If you live within Calderdale, you must complete a Calderdale online application, even if you wish to choose a school outside the Calderdale area as one of your preferences. Parents of children resident outside Calderdale, who want to apply for a Calderdale school must apply through their home Local Council.

If you have requested your offer notification by email, you should receive the email after midnight on National offer day . If you did not request email notification, you will receive confirmation of your child's place by letter on National offer day.

Need help or guidance with completing a application online? You can watch: A guide to completing a school admission online .

If you require any additional assistance with applying for a school place then chat online with one of our dedicated customer care advisers:

Before you apply

  1. Check Admission process for  key dates and frequently asked questions ;
  2. Find schools Search for schools ;
  3. Preference up to five schools - you can find out more about Calderdale schools by checking:


Parents who are not happy with the school place they have been offered can request the name of their child to be added to a re-allocation list for school places. For more information, see: Reallocations .

Late applications

Late applications will only be considered after all applications received before the closing date have been completed. For more information, see: Late applications .

In-year transfers

If you wish to transfer your child to another school or if you need a school place at any time other than transferring from nursery to primary school, or from primary school to secondary school, you will need to apply as an in-year transfer. For more information, see: In-year transfers .

Early years admissions

Some schools provide Early years education and childcare. For details on Early years admissions, see: PDFEarly years admissions policy for schools with nursery and foundation units [PDF 140KB].