Positive Choices is a programme that will support our young people and provide early, intensive interventions throughout pregnancy and early years. We start in the belief that our young people can be safe successful parents now and in the future.
Information for young people
Positive Choices provides you with support during pregnancy and early years
- We will support you to make well informed choices about parenthood providing accurate information and time to explore how you feel so that you can make the decision that is right for you.
- Early support about sex and relationships so you have full understanding of family planning.
- Ensure you make choices based on open and honest support.
- Help you be a successful parent now and in the future.
- Support you to make the best choices to start a family and be a parent.
Download the Positive Choices leaflet [PDF 950KB] to learn more.
Information for professionals
Positive Choices will result in evidence-based changes to systems strengthening children’s social care. This aims to change and influence surrounding services using the whole family approach model. The ambition is to change culture, from one of a presumption of failure, to one that is constantly seeking success.
Our approach aims to support up to 50 young people of high-risk. This will be achieved by providing early, intensive intervention for young people. Supporting them to become successful parents through an intensive young person centred programme. Working to reduce the number of pregnancies and number of children being taken into care and enabling a single point of access to essential support.
Download the Positive Choices postcard [PDF 1936KB] to learn more.
For more information about the children’s social care innovation programme, visit: Spring Consortium .