Here you can find:
- Local training courses and events available for parent carers of children with SEND;
- and SEND bulletins for professionals.
Courses for parents and carers
Unique Ways offer training courses for parent / carers. They include helping you to:
- build your skills and resilience;
- learn tools and tactics for dealing with schools, health services and Local Authorities;
- and develop a person-centred method of dealing with your child’s additional needs.
For information on what is currently available, visit: Unique Ways: Course and training .
Please note: You may be required to book a place to take part. Full details are given in each flyer.
Local Offer Live! 2018
Join us at the next market place event on Tuesday 22nd May at The Shay Stadium. We are holding two identical sessions to make it easier for you to come along. Session 1 – 12.30pm to 3.00pm and Session 2 – 4.00pm to 6.30pm
Stall holders will include Short Breaks providers, Early Years services, The 5 Day Offer, Project SEARCH, C&K Careers, Unique Ways/Family Voice Calderdale (Parent Carer Forum), SEN Team, Adults LD Nursing Team, Healthwatch and many more…
Calderdale SEND Bulletins for professionals
This is an essential part of our communication strategy, giving updates on progress, training opportunities and new services.
It also has local, regional and national updates and is circulated across the Council and a range of partners, including:
- and Voluntary Sector colleagues and partners.
For the latest copy, please read: SEND bulletin - winter 2017 [PDF 168KB] .