In Calderdale we have put together information designed to support families and carers of children and young people waiting for an assessment of their social communication needs including Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
In this section you will find information which we hope will be useful to you while waiting for the assessment. The information covers some local resources that are available and which may be able to help you while you are waiting for assessment.
There are a number of information resource sheets about common themes, questions and behaviours that may be seen in children and young people who are waiting for an assessment. We understand that some families will go on to receive a diagnosis of Autism and others will not. We have therefore focused these resources on the common themes of social communication difficulties rather than specifically upon Autism.
The information will be updated in line with local changes as they take place. If you are aware of any resources that would be beneficial to include or you would like to provide some feedback about this information pack then please contact us via email@example.com
You can find out more information on the different names for autism, related conditions and much more (including current research) on the National Autistic Society Website
The local branch of the NAS is run by volunteers and provides peer support and opportunities to meet and take part in activities. Visit NAS Calderdale Branch to find out more.
Information Resource Factsheets
- Anxiety [PDF 171KB]
- Behaviour [PDF 189KB]
- Different behaviour between school and home [PDF 159KB]
- Meltdowns [PDF 179KB]
- Obsessions, repetitive behaviour and routines [PDF 199KB]
- Preparing for change [PDF 171KB]
- Sensory differences [PDF 186KB]
Local resource Factsheets
- Calderdale: Factsheet Meeting sensory needs at a universal level - practical suggestions for the parent and professional [PDF 93KB]
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) in Calderdale [PDF 252KB]
- EISA: Early Intervention Single Assessment [PDF 411KB]
- Family Voice Calderdale: improving services [PDF 1044KB]
- Local Offer [PDF 227KB]
- Autism Local Offer information flyer [PDF 65KB]
- Unique Ways: supporting families with disabled children [PDF 318KB]
You might also find useful:
- Autism Education Trust - Information for parents/carers and all educational settings from early years to post 16