Health and Social Care

Most children and young people need some help and support to manage conditions or disabilities and some disabled children can have very complex health needs.

If you have any questions about your child’s health you can talk to your health visitor, school nurse or family doctor (GP). As well as providing you with help and advice about staying healthy, they can put you in touch with other specialist health and social care services.

Health and Social care services are provided by:

  • Calderdale Council, including Disabled Children's Team, Short Breaks and health services;
  • NHS, including Learning Disabilities Team, wheelchair services, speech and language, and physiotherapy;
  • Other specialist health organisations providing support and services.

See also