Early Education Funding (EEF) is paid to eligible early years providers. This is for delivering the funded flexible early education entitlement for eligible 2, 3 and 4 year olds. New Statutory Guidance was effective from 1st September 2017: Early education and childcare (GOV.uk).
The process for claiming EEF is detailed in the Guidance section, together with the main steps for submitting a headcount claim. The process is also within your Provider Agreement.
- You submit data, via the online portal, during the Forecast task. This enables us to make your initial 90% estimate payment.
- You submit further data via the online portal during the Actual task. This enables us to pay the final 10%, Early years pupil premium (EYPP), Disability access funding (DAF) and deprivation payments.
|How to become an approved setting providing quality early learning experiences for eligible two, three and four year olds in Calderdale.|
|Headcount portal user guide.||
|Headcount checklist for the Forecast and Actual Tasks.|
|Calendar of the EEF funding periods in Calderdale.|
|Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP): factsheet for private, voluntary and independent childcare providers.|
|Making the most of funding for every child in Early Education: a guide for Early Education providers.|
|Reference guide for using the Assisted Applications portal (two year old funding).|
|Sample parental declaration forms.|
|30 hours - the parent journey.|
For providers wanting to offer 30 hours of funded childcare from September 2017. The following documents are from the 30 hours conference held in May 2017:
- Delivering 30 hours of funded childcare presentation [PDF 1399KB]
- 30 hours funded childcare: partnership working presentation [PDF 109KB]
- 30 hours funded childcare: partnership working checklist
- 30 hours funded childcare: delivery models presentation [PDF 697KB]
- SEND and 30 hours funded childcare presentation [PDF 287KB]
- Will I qualify for 30 hours free childcare - parental checklist [PDF 133KB]
- 30 hrs Provider Forum 22-11-2017 [PDF 136KB]
For more help or advice on funding issues relating to the funded early entitlement and the Headcount process, contact: