Calderdale Council has a team of professionals available to support childcare providers to deliver the government's childcare strategy:
- Early Education Funding (EEF) : Information and guidance on the funding for delivering the free early education entitlement;
- Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) : Documentation, including templates and guidance on EYFS;
- Running your childcare provision : Advice on how to set and run your service, and how we can help;
- Learning and development for childcare providers : What training is available for you;
- Calderdale Local Offer for Children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities : Information on Portage, Disabled Children's Access to Childcare (DCATCH), and other services for children under 5 years.
Early Years Learning and Childcare team
We are responsible for:
- managing the local childcare market;
- funding the free nursery education entitlement for three and four year olds;
- developing the childcare workforce;
- supporting all childcare providers to develop quality practices.
For initial support or advice, contact:
- Username Early Years Learning and Childcare Team
- Email email@example.com
- Telephone 01422 392576
- ebulletin for 10th October 2017 [PDF 197KB]
- ebulletin for 26th September 2017 [PDF 204KB]
- ebulletin for 12th September 2017 [PDF 217KB]
- ebulletin for 29th August 2017 [PDF 186KB]
- ebulletin for 15th August 2017 [PDF 184KB]
- ebulletin for 1st August 2017 [PDF 338KB]
- ebulletin for 18th July 2017 [PDF 347KB]
- ebulletin for 4th July 2017 [PDF 361KB]
You may also be interested in:
National day nurseries association : The association seeks to support day nurseries to develop and maintain high standards in care and learning.
Pre-school learning alliance : An educational charity representing and supporting pre-schools in England.
Family and childcare trust : The national charity campaigning for quality, affordable, accessible childcare for all. Publishes reports on all aspects of childcare such as national average cost surveys etc.
Department for Education : For a wide range of information to support all aspects of childcare, education and parenting support.
Calderdale Safeguarding Children Board : The Calderdale Safeguarding Children Board's main focus is the safety, protection and promotion of the welfare of all children and young people in Calderdale. They act as a 'safeguarding umbrella', providing policies, procedures and training to professionals and volunteers to ensure everyone knows what to do if worried about a child or young person.