This Council has a team of professionals available to support childcare providers to deliver the Government's childcare strategy:
- Early Education Funding (EEF) : Information and guidance on the funding for delivering the free early education entitlement;
- Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) : Documentation, including templates and guidance on EYFS;
- Running your childcare provision : Advice on how to set up and run your service and how we can help;
- Learning and development for childcare providers : What training is available for you;
- Calderdale Local Offer for Children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities : Information on Portage, Disabled Children's Access to Childcare (DCATCH) and other services for children under 5 years.
Early Years Learning and Childcare team
We are responsible for:
- managing the local childcare market;
- funding the free nursery education entitlement for three and four year olds;
- developing the childcare workforce;
- supporting all childcare providers to develop quality practices.
For initial support or advice, please contact:
- Username Early Years Learning and Childcare Team
- Email email@example.com
- ebulletin for 17th July 2018 [PDF 314KB]
- ebulletin for 3rd July 2018 [PDF 314KB]
- ebulletin for 19th June 2018 [PDF 355KB]
- ebulletin for 5th June 2018 [PDF 169KB]
- ebulletin for 22nd May 2018 [PDF 349KB]
- ebulletin for 8th May 2018 [PDF 210KB]
- ebulletin for 24th April 2018 [PDF 267KB]
- ebulletin for 10th April 2018 [PDF 485KB]
You may also be interested in:
National day nurseries association : These support day nurseries to develop and maintain high standards in care and learning.
Pre-school learning alliance : These are an educational charity who represent and support pre-schools in England.
Family and childcare trust : These are a national charity who campaign for quality, affordable, accessible childcare for all. They publish reports on all aspects of childcare, such as national average cost surveys.
Department for Education : Here you can find support on all aspects of childcare, education and parenting support.
Calderdale Safeguarding Children Board : These focus on the safety, protection and promotion of the welfare of all children and young people in Calderdale. They act as a 'safeguarding umbrella' and provide policies, procedures and training to professionals and volunteers. This is to make sure that everyone knows what to do if they are worried about a child or young person.