Eligible children can receive free part time early years education from the term after their second birthday. Places are available at a variety of childcare providers in Calderdale. Family support is also available at your local Children's centre.
Two year olds are eligible for the free entitlement if they are:
- a child who has been in local authority care for one day or more ('Children who are Looked After' or CLA);
- living in a family who meet the eligibility criteria for Free School Meals (FSM) - see Free school meals;
- living in a family who receive Working Tax Credits and have annual gross earnings of no more than £16,190 per year;
- a child who has a current statement of Special Educational Need or an Education, Health and Care plan;
- a child who attracts Disability Living Allowance;
- a child who is no longer looked after by the Local Authority as the result of an adoption order, a special guardianship order, or a child arrangements order.
To check for eligibility, you can complete a simple online check at:
A guide to using the online application is available: Guide for online application for Two Year Old Funding [PDF 843KB]
If you are eligible, you can print your own voucher letter or show it on your phone to your chosen provider. If you prefer you can telephone 01422 392695 and we will check for you. You will need your National insurance or National asylum support service (NASS) number to hand.
|Date of second birthday||Place available|
|2nd birthday between 1 April and 31 August||Place starts in September (Autumn funding period)|
|2nd birthday between 1 September and 31 December||Place starts in January (Spring funding period)|
|2nd birthday between 1 January and 31 March||Place starts in April (Summer funding period)|
The free entitlement is for 15 hours a week for up to 38 weeks a year and can be taken at one of our approved early years providers. A list of these is available by calling 01422 392576.
If you require additional support in finding a suitable place, we offer a free brokerage service to help you. For more information please contact:
- Username Early Years Learning and Childcare Team
- Email email@example.com
- Telephone 01422 392576
Parents and carers must be provided with a short written summary, or progress check, of their child's development if their child attends an early years provider. This document explains what the progress check is:
From September 2015, your child will be offered a Two Year Old Integrated Review which brings together the thoughts of you as the child's parent, your health visitor and your childcare provider (if your child has one). It will ensure:
- your child's progress, the things they can do well and anything they may need extra support with is recorded;
- your child can start to access the services they need to meet their individual needs.
This document explains what the Integrated Review is: