Eligible children can receive funded part time early years education from the term after their second birthday. Places are available at a variety of childcare providers in Calderdale. Family support is also available at your local Children's centre .
Two year olds are eligible for the funded entitlement if they are:
- a child who has been in local authority care for one day or more ('Children who are Looked After' or CLA);
- living in a family who meet the eligibility criteria for Free School Meals (FSM), see: Free school meals ;
- living in a family who receive Working Tax Credits and have annual gross earnings of no more than £16,190 per year;
- a child who has a current statement of Special Educational Need or an Education, Health and Care plan;
- a child who attracts Disability Living Allowance;
- a child who is no longer looked after by the Local Authority as the result of an adoption order, a special guardianship order, or a child arrangements order.
To check for eligibility, you can complete a simple online check at:
A guide to using the online application is available: Guide for online application for Two Year Old Funding [PDF 843KB]
If you are eligible, you can print your own voucher letter or show it on your phone to your chosen provider. If you prefer you can phone: 01422 392695 and we will check for you. You will need your National Insurance or National Asylum Support Service (NASS) number to hand.
|Date of second birthday||Place available|
|2nd birthday between 1st April and 31st August||Place starts in September (autumn funding period)|
|2nd birthday between 1st September and 31st December||Place starts in January (spring funding period)|
|2nd birthday between 1st January and 31st March||Place starts in April (summer funding period)|
The funded entitlement is 15 hours a week, up to 38 weeks a year. It can be taken at one of our approved early years providers. For a list of providers, phone: 01422 392576.
If you require additional support in finding a suitable place, we offer a free brokerage service to help you.
For more information, please contact:
- Username Early Years Learning and Childcare Team
- Email email@example.com
- Telephone 01422 392576
Parents and carers must be provided with a short written summary, or progress check, of their child's development. This is if their child attends an early years provider. This document explains what the progress check is:
Your child will be offered a 'Two Year Old Integrated Review'. This brings together the thoughts of you (the parent), your health visitor and your childcare provider (if your child has one). It will ensure:
- your child's progress, the things they can do well and anything they may need extra support with is recorded;
- your child can start to access the services they need to meet their individual needs.
This document explains what the Integrated Review is: