To book a class or course for the Autumn term, complete an enrolment form. You can apply for 3 courses using one form. If you are applying for more than 3, please use more than one enrolment form:
Before you fill out this form, please read: Calderdale Adult Learning - privacy notice [PDF 22KB] . This tells you what we do with your information.
You can post the form to:
- Username Enrolments, Calderdale Adult Learning
Unit 4, Heath Campus
Free School Lane
You can also:
- email your form to firstname.lastname@example.org ;
- or enrol in person by calling at Heath: Monday to Thursday 9am to 3.30pm, Friday 9am to 12noon.
Term dates 2018-19
|Autumn term 2018||10/09/2018 to 21/12/18|
|Autumn half-term 2018||29/10/18 to 02/11/18|
|Spring term 2019||07/01/19 to 12/04/19|
|Spring half-term 2019||18/02/19 to 22/02/19|
|Summer term 2019||29/04/19 to 19/07/19|
|Summer half-term 2019||27/05/19 to 31/05/19 (May Day on 06/05/19)|
Please note: Term start dates are earlier for 'Skills for Life' courses. Your tutors will advise of the dates.
Early enrolment discount 2018-19
Enrol early and receive a 20% discount on most courses (excluding Professional Development and courses priced under £15).
To qualify, the Learning Support Team must have your enrolment form at least three weeks before the course start date.
Paying for your course
How much does it cost?
Fees can be found at the side of each course. Unless stated in the course details, they include:
- tuition fee;
- administration fee;
- and materials / examination cost.
Some courses are eligible for fee remission or can be free, depending on the course. You may be eligible for free tuition if you get:
- Job Seekers Allowance (JSA);
- Employment Support Allowance (ESA) in the Work Related Activity Group;
- Universal Credit or other state benefit. (If you want to get a job and think that skills training will help you).
Your enrolment will not be processed unless you give current evidence of your entitlement to fee remission:
- with your enrolment form;
- or when you enrol in person.
If you do not have current proof documents, contact the Benefit Enquiry Line. Phone: 0345 608 8545 and ask for a copy of your entitlement letter.
You cannot claim fee remission for courses that have NR (no remission) listed beside the fee.
Methods of payment
Following learner feedback, we do not issue invoices any more.
You can pay course fees (if applicable):
- in person: Bring your enrolment form and pay by cash, cheque or card at the Heath Campus;
- by post: Enclose your cheque with your enrolment form;
- by phone: Indicate on your enrolment form that you want to pay by credit or debit card over the phone. Post the form to the Heath Campus and we will contact you to process your payment.
Please note: Your place on your chosen course(s) is not secure until payment has been made.
Can I spread the cost of my payments?
Where an individual fee is over £120, you can pay the balance in two equal instalments.
If you want to choose this option, please indicate this on Section 7 of the enrolment form.
Refunds and withdrawals
We will only give a refund if:
- your class closes;
- or you give advance notice that you will not be taking up your place on a course. Note: This must be no later than seven working days before the course start date .
You must contact: Adult Learning Administration team who will make a note of your withdrawal. You will be asked to give confirmation (with the reason), in writing.
If you withdraw after the course has started, you will not be entitled to a refund.
For more advice, contact: Adult Learning Administration team .
How do I know if I have a place on a course or not?
- If your application is successful, you will be allocated a place on your chosen course. Unless you have supplied a stamped addressed envelope, we will not send you confirmation of your place on the course. Please assume you are on the course and turn up to your first class;
- If the course is full, you will be put on a waiting list and notified accordingly. You will be contacted immediately if and when a place become available.
Changes and cancellations
We aim to deliver all courses as advertised. However, courses may be cancelled or changed, if enrolments are too low or in the event of unforeseen circumstances. Dates for enrolment are provisional and subject to change.
Every effort has been made to provide accurate information. Calderdale Adult Learning can accept no responsibility for errors or omissions. We reserve the right to introduce changes to the information given here, including the addition, withdrawal, relocation or restructuring of the courses. Fees may vary from the published prices.