To book a class or course for the Autumn term, complete the enrolment form and post it to:
- Username Enrolments, Calderdale Adult Learning
Unit 4, Heath Campus
Free School Lane
You can also email your completed form to email@example.com or enrol in person by calling at Heath: Monday to Thursday 9am to 3.30pm, Friday 9am to 12noon. You can apply for 3 courses using one form. If you are applying for more than 3, please use more than one enrolment form.
Term dates 2017-18
|Autumn Term 2017||Monday 11th September to Friday 22nd December 2017|
|Autumn Half-term 2017||30th October to 3 November 2017|
|Spring Term 2018||Monday 8th January to Thursday 29th March 2018|
|Spring Half-term 2018||19th to 23rd February 2018|
|Summer Term 2018||Monday 16th April to Friday 20th July 2018|
|Summer Half-term 2018||28th May to 1st June 2018|
Please note that term start dates are earlier for Skills for Life courses - your tutors will advise of the dates.
Early enrolment discount 2017-18
Enrol early and receive a 15% discount on most courses (excluding Professional Development and courses priced under £15).
To qualify, your enrolment form must have been received by the Learning Support Team at least three weeks before the course start date.
Please see: Calderdale adult learning 2017/18 brochure [PDF 1756KB] for full details.
Paying for your course
How much does it cost?
The fees are quoted beside each course and include tuition fee, administration fee and materials / examination cost, unless otherwise stated in the course details.
Some courses are eligible for fee remission or may be free, depending on the course. You may be eligible for free tuition if you are in receipt of:
- Job Seekers Allowance (JSA);
- Employment Support Allowance (ESA) in the Work Related Activity Group;
- Universal Credit or other State Benefit (if you wish to enter employment and believe that skills training will help you to do so).
You must provide current evidence of your entitlement to fee remission with your enrolment form, or when you enrol in person, or your enrolment will not be processed. If you do not have current proof documents, contact the Benefit Enquiry Line on 0345 608 8545 to obtain a copy of your entitlement letter.
You cannot claim fee remission for courses that have NR (no remission) listed beside the fee.
Methods of payment
Following learner feedback, we do not issue invoices any more.
You can pay your course fees (if applicable):
- in person: bring your enrolment form and pay by cash, cheque or card at the Heath Campus;
- by post: enclose your cheque with your enrolment form;
- by phone: indicate on your enrolment form that you wish to pay using a credit or debit card over the phone, post the form to the Heath Campus, and we will contact you to process your payment.
Please note that your place on your chosen course(s) is not secure until payment has been made.
Can I spread the cost of my payments?
Yes! Where an individual fee is over £120.00, you may pay the balance in 2 equal instalments. If you wish to choose this option please indicate this on Section 7 of the enrolment form.
Refunds and withdrawals
We will only give a refund if your class closes, or if you give advance notice no later than seven working days before the course start date that you will not be taking up your place on a course. You will need to contact the Adult Learning Administration team who will make a note of your withdrawal and ask you to provide confirmation, including the reason, in writing.
If you withdraw after the course has started, you will not be entitled to a refund. For further advice, contact the Adult Learning Administration team.
How do I know if I have got a place on a course or not?
- If your application is successful, you will be allocated a place on your chosen course. Unless you have supplied a stamped addressed envelope, we will not send you confirmation of your place on the course. Please assume you are on the course and turn up to your first class;
- If the course is full, you will be put on a waiting list and notified accordingly. You will be contacted immediately if and when a place become available.
Changes and cancellations
We aim to deliver all courses as advertised. However, courses may be cancelled or changed, if enrolments are too low or in the event of unforeseen circumstances. Dates for enrolment are provisional and subject to change.
Every effort has been made to provide accurate information. Calderdale Adult Learning can accept no responsibility for errors or omissions. We reserve the right to introduce changes to the information given here, including the addition, withdrawal, relocation or restructuring of the courses. Fees may vary from the published prices.