- Do you want to have your say about local issues that are important to you?
- Comment on areas such as schools, roads, street cleaning and anything else that concerns you directly to your local councillor and senior council staff?
- Get feedback on what difference your input has made?
Attend your local ward forum and give us your views!
Not sure which forum covers your ward?
Halifax Central Forum
Park, Skircoat, Sowerby Bridge and Town Wards
Halifax North and East Forum
Illingworth & Mixenden, Northowram & Shelf, Ovenden, Warley
Lower Valley Forum
Brighouse, Elland, Greetland & Stainland, Hipperholme & Lightcliffe, Rastrick
Upper Valley Forum
Calder, Luddendenfoot, Ryburn, Todmorden
If you are unsure which Ward you live in, enter your post code:
Calderdale is made up of 17 local electoral areas, called 'wards'. Each ward has 3 councillors representing you. Councillors make decisions on how money is spent and how council services are delivered to you.
Ward Forums are for people in Calderdale to get involved in what happens in your local area and discuss what is important to you. By working together we can talk about local issues and plan for the future.
We want to improve what we do for local people so it's important to understand what you want by getting your views directly - through open meetings.
Ward Forums are open to anyone who lives, works and learns in Calderdale. It is your chance to tell us what you think and make a difference to your neighbourhood.
Meetings take place four times a year in all 17 Calderdale Wards. Meetings start at 6.30pm until approximately 8.30pm, unless otherwise stated.
The meetings are a great place to meet your local councillors, Calderdale Council staff, police and other services we work with. The evenings start with refreshments and a chance to network and chat informally.
During the structured part of the meeting there will be an agenda which will include:
- contributions from the Council, Neighbourhood Policing Team and other services
- specific items of concern/interest in your area that have been raised by people at previous meetings
- open forum where anyone can have their say - we want to hear from you
- the meeting will end by setting out the priorities, responsibilities and actions
If we cannot answer you in full on the evening then we commit to providing you with an answer after the meeting.
Can't get to a Ward forum?
If you have a concern or issue you would like Calderdale Council to take to the meeting on your behalf, the Ward Forum team will be happy to help.
What happens after the meeting?
We will keep you updated on how your views feed into the work of the Council - you can sign up to receive a newsletter either electronically by giving us your email address, or we can post a copy if you give us your address. And please check back at this section of the website for further information.