The Council runs the Community Festival and Event Fund to support Calderdale based groups that are organising cultural events and festivals across Calderdale, with the aim to get more local people involved in the arts, and attract visitors to our towns and villages. The money for the fund has been made available from the Council's Economic Investment Panel.
The fund is for £50,000 and runs from September 2016. A maximum award of £5,000 will be made to any individual Festival or Event.
The Fund is intended to support local and small scale events and festivals across the whole of Calderdale, so consider how much money you need to support your event carefully, and only ask for the maximum of £5,000 if you really need it.
In order to be able to apply, you must demonstrate that your organisation:
- is a voluntary, community or faith group;
- is properly constituted;
- has a bank account in the name of the organisation;
- is open and accessible to the community it serves;
- has a planned approach to safeguarding issues.
- is based in Calderdale.
To support festivals and events which are of benefit to local residents and contribute towards the wider community and economic resilience of our towns and villages. In particular the fund will focus on events and festivals which:
- promote community engagement and enhance local image;
- demonstrate a positive impact on their local economy;
- develop new audiences for arts and culture;
- generate new and repeat visits;
- support the existing retail sector;
- improve access to arts and cultural festivals and events;
- bring inward investment by extending Calderdale’s visitor and tourism offer.
Priority will be given to festivals or events that:
- demonstrate collaboration between artists and community groups;
- engage and involve young people;
- are generated by local organisations and involve the community;
- have a demonstrable ability to run successful, safe events;
- take place in areas or spaces that have little or no art or cultural activity;
- are currently not in receipt of funding from Calderdale Council;
- do not charge entry or sell tickets for at least part of the festival or event;
- demonstrate new and innovative ideas
- take place in areas of the Borough where none already exist.
Funding application deadlines
|1||1 May||13 June|
|2||1 August||12 September|
|3||1 November||13 December|
|4||1 February||15 March|
The Small Grants Panel will meet to consider eligible applications on Thursday 24nd May 2018.
Note: late applications will not be considered due to administrative pressures. We require a signature on all applications and supporting documents for them to be valid. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The fund is being managed by the Small Grants Panel which meets every 3 months. After the panel has met all groups applying for funding will be written to directly to confirm the outcome of their application. Minutes from the panel, providing an update on funding decisions will be published online.
- Festival fund application form [PDF 291KB]
- Festival Fund application form
- Festival Fund guidance notes 2017-18 [PDF 174KB]
- Festival fund terms and conditions [PDF 19KB]
- Festival fund additional information and monitoring form [PDF 47KB]
- Festival Fund additional information and monitoring form [DOC 45KB]
- Festival fun BACs form [PDF 120KB]
- Festival Fund Checklist [PDF 154KB]
Additional funds are available to support small voluntary sector and community organisations and activities through the Small Grants fund.