What is domestic violence and abuse?
Domestic violence makes up the majority of violence against women, children and men locally and nationally. It includes physical, psychological, sexual violence; emotional abuse; financial exploitation and stalking. It is best understood as a pattern of behaviour characterised by the misuse of power and control. It often escalates over time!
For more information, visit: Domestic Violence and Abuse .
Calderdale Domestic Abuse Strategic Board
Calderdale’s partnership approach to tackling domestic abuse recognises that it harms the whole of society, impacting all sections of our community. Under the leadership of the Domestic Abuse (DA) Strategic Board, partners involved in the production of this strategy recognise the importance of collaboration. They are committed to shared responsibility and action across all sectors. We recognise that victims of domestic abuse are drawn from diverse backgrounds, with wide ranging individual circumstances.
Schools 'Healthy Relationships' resource
For a list of resources for primary and secondary schools relating to Healthy Relationships, see:
The resource list includes these topics:
- Domestic Abuse;
- Child Sexual Exploitation;
- Emotional Wellbeing; and
- specific SEND resources.
- List of Calderdale Domestic Abuse Support Services [PDF 287KB]
- Calderdale Staying Safe Leaflet for professionals [PDF 347KB]
- Calderdale Staying Safe Leaflet for the public [PDF 1370KB]
Calderdale Domestic Abuse Hub
The following forms and guidance have been updated. Please use the new versions from 23rd October 2017.
- Multi Agency DASH Risk Assessment [PDF 118KB]
- MARAC / Domestic Abuse Hub Referral Form [PDF 76KB]
- MARAC / Domestic Abuse Hub Referral Guidance [PDF 187KB]
Domestic Abuse Training
For Level 1 Domestic Abuse e-learning, visit: Calderdale Safeguarding Children Board .
Children and Young People
To support professionals working with young people who may be experiencing domestic abuse, please visit: Young people and Domestic abuse traffic light tool .
Forced Marriage and Honour Based Violence
- What is Forced Marriage ;
- Safeguard Guide No 5 Honour Based Violence ;
- Safeguard Guide No 6 Forced Marriage .
Female Genital Mutilation
Adolescent to Parent Violence
Calderdale domestic abuse strategy for 2016 to 2019