Are you worried about being abusive?

If you are reading these pages because you are concerned about your behaviour towards your partner, you can take steps to consider what you need to do to change.

Most domestic violence is by men and towards women. Although, women can also be abusive and abuse can take place in same sex relationships. We encourage you to continue your efforts to change.

It can be tough facing up to difficult problems. Changing abusive behaviours can be a long and difficult process. We can help you make the changes you need so that you are safe around your partner and children. The information on this webpage aims to help you understand the problem and hopefully start to make some changes.


Choices is a new service offering support to low and medium risk abusers, aged 16 years and over and their victims.

To make an appointment, phone: 0113 2192417. This service is open from 9am to 5pm, with groups also running in the evenings.​​

For more information, visit: Choices Website .

Yorkshire Childrens Centre Domestic Violence Perpetrator Programme

This programme aims to help men stop their violent behaviour. To help then develop safe and positive parenting and understand the impact of domestic violence on partners and children.

  • Download a professional agency referral form here: Professional referral form (Available soon)
  • Download a self-referral form here: Self-referral form (Available soon)

If you have a enquiry, email: .

Talk about it

The Respect Phoneline is a confidential and anonymous helpline for anyone concerned about their violence / abuse towards partners or ex-partners. A team of skilled professionals can offer advice, information and support to help you stop being violent and abusive to your partner. They will listen to you and help you.

Phone the Respect Phoneline on: 0800 802 4040 (Mon to Fri 9.00am to 5.00pm), it is FREE from landlines and most mobile phones.

For more information visit: Respect Phoneline ,or email: (they aim to reply within two working days).

More information

For debt and money advice and support, visit: Citizens Advice .

For information about Talking Therapies in Calderdale, visit:  Talking Therapies Calderdale .

For drugs and alcohol advice and support, visit: Branching Out (Lifeline), or Recovery Steps Calderdale .