The Counter Terrorism and Security Act (2015), puts a legal duty on specified authorities. This is to give due regard to the need to prevent radicalisation and extremism.
The Prevent duty guidance outlines the responsibilities of specified authorities: Prevent duty guidance .
For sector specific statutory guidance, visit: Counter Terrorism strategy 2010 to 2015 government policy
How Prevent ready are you? To help measure where you are now, use this: Prevent self-assessment form [DOC 76KB]
There are a number of professionals across Calderdale qualified to deliver WRAP3 training (Workshop To Raise Awareness Around Prevent).
We have regular courses running via the Council’s Workforce Development team. For more information about training, contact:
- Username HR and Organisational Development
- Email email@example.com
- Telephone 01422 288038
Human Resouces, Information Technology and Transformation
An online training service is available, visit:
For a Prevent training catalogue, visit: Channel training online .
Posters and leaflets
British values poster
Charity Commission - Support Syria Safely
Related Information - websites
- Calderdale Safeguarding Children Board .
- West Yorkshire Joint procedures PREVENT .
- Safeguarding for professionals .
For Health Professionals:
- Guidance and toolkit for vulnerable adult interventions (GOV.uk - Department of Health).
For Health Professionals and Teachers:
- Calderdale channel safeguarding partnership - referral pack 2017 [PDF 322KB]
- Extremism divides poster [PDF 1210KB]
- Run Tell Hide poster [PDF 83KB]
Information from the Police
For more on Prevent, contact:
- Username The Prevent Co-ordinator
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone 07702656834