The Counter Terrorism and Security Act (2015) places a legal duty on specified authorities This is to give due regard to the need to prevent radicalisation and extremism.
The Prevent duty guidance outlines the responsibilities of specified authorities: Prevent duty guidance .
For sector specific statutory guidance, visit: Counter Terrorism strategy 2010 to 2015 government policy .
How Prevent ready are you? To help measure where you are now, use this: Prevent self-assessment form [DOC 76KB]
There are a number of professionals across Calderdale qualified to deliver WRAP3 training (Workshop To Raise Awareness Around Prevent).
We have regular courses running via the Council’s Workforce Development team. For more information about training, contact:
- Username Workforce Development
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone 01422 288317
Human Resouces, Information Technology and Transformation
An online training service is available, visit:
For a Prevent training catalogue, visit: Channel Online Training .
Posters and leaflets
British values poster
Charity Commission - Support Syria Safely
Related Information - web sites
- Calderdale Safeguarding Children Board .
- West Yorkshire Joint procedures PREVENT .
- Safeguarding for professionals .
For Health Professionals:
- Guidance and toolkit for vulnerable adult interventions (GOV.uk - Department of Health).
For Health Professionals and Teachers:
Information from the Police
For more on Prevent, contact:
- Username The Prevent Co-ordinator
- Email email@example.com
- Telephone 07702656834